Kadette C Coupe

Yes i know its not a Manta but someone on here might know something.

on monday 2nd November i caught a brief sight of a Kadette C Coupe on a trailer being towed by a 4x4 (Landcruiser?)

It was traveling from the A1 into Hitchin, Hertfordshire.

From the brief glimps i saw the car look stripped out,it was painted in that 'kermit the frog' green colour and (i think) had a yellow front wing and black bonnet.

Is this an unfinnished project that has been bought by someone? had this car had its welding finnished and was on the way to the bodyshop for painting?

Though not a Manta its an Opel from the same era and in 'my' area,so i'm curiuos to know more.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes i know its not a Manta but someone on here might know something.

on monday 2nd November i caught a brief sight of a Kadette C Coupe on a trailer being towed by a 4x4 (Landcruiser?)

It was traveling from the A1 into Hitchin, Hertfordshire.

From the brief glimps i saw the car look stripped out,it was painted in that 'kermit the frog' green colour and (i think) had a yellow front wing and black bonnet.

Is this an unfinnished project that has been bought by someone? had this car had its welding finnished and was on the way to the bodyshop for painting?

Though not a Manta its an Opel from the same era and in 'my' area,so i'm curiuos to know more.

Heh! Small world! The 4x4 was our Shogun, and the car had just been collected from it's owners house on it's way to our workshop.... So from a brief sighting, you can now follow the rest of the project as it unfolds right here.......... http://www.retropower.co.uk/projects_kadett_16v.htm

We are completing the welding work, doing the paintwork and a 16V redtop conversion.