Edinburgh Way

keith1200

I'll try and make it Keith.

I won't have the Cavalier though as it has no insurance on it unless I can get insurance for the day sorted out.

For me though to bring the Cav it would have to be before the end of Nov as the tax runs out then.

If not it will be the pickup.

Ta,

Deano

Sorry I didn't see this before,not been on here in a bit, yeah I'm up for it on Sat 14th, I will be running the Sportshatch right through the winter (as well as the Saab Turbo) so no probs there. Can someone e-mail me to remind me please, head is well up my arse at the mo'.

Cheers, Colin.

mmm this weekend is 'maybe' ok for me BUT and its a big one! mi jalopy is still park at mothers up north :(

been f**ked aboot by garage people (nah place tae park it) until I get garage delivered :o

Soo i'll nah hay a manta for shooting aboot in :( nah worries, coz mi manta was in last mag aboot three times 'Braw' :D

Tae be honest? I was thinking end of month! as i'm up-tae mi eyeballs wii work :angry:

As i'll nah hay mi jalopy this weekend, i'm nah saying anything mare aboot it, wii can just hey a blether instead?

Cheers,

Keith

edit think it would be braw tae get pictures of the twa red cavs :D

Edited by keith1200

I'm picking up Davie fae Leadburn and we'll be meeting at the lay-by just after the Sun Inn(100yds)on the left.Don't know who we'll be meeting-hopefully Deano,Colin and Iain,Craig can't make it and I'll get in touch with Dave Wyatt to see if he'll pitch up with the A. There is a great roll van there(Nearly Naked Chef).If the weather is good we shall dine there(al fresco!),if not then we'll head to Dobbie's(2mins up the road).Hopefully the weather should be good, that lay-by is huge so I might even bring a deck chair!!

:rolleyes: Keith-get yer finger oot.....see you there!

John.

Aye, thats fine wi me. Still 9 o' clock? John, ye still got an inlet manifold to sell? Ah need one to hack aboot at! If ye have, bring it along and Ah'll hae it, give me a shout wi price. See everyone Saturday!

Cheers

Iain

9 o'clock,aye. Sorry the manifolds and carb went down south. Somebody'll have one somewhere :)

John.

I Should be there in the cavvy if I can stop the rocker cover gasket from leaking :( .

Just had a james hunt of a time trying to make the thing stay in the right position and have just finished after dicking around with it for the last hour or so.

I have fitted a new one but was wondering if gasket seal would be better? as it still leaks a wee bit.

Ta,

Deano.

I Should be there in the cavvy if I can stop the rocker cover gasket from leaking :( .

Just had a james hunt of a time trying to make the thing stay in the right position and have just finished after dicking around with it for the last hour or so.

I have fitted a new one but was wondering if gasket seal would be better? as it still leaks a wee bit.

Ta,

Deano.

A wee bit blue hylomar is usually good for holding it in position, helps seal it too.

See you Saturday :thumbup

John.

Pre-meet disaster! Well, sort of. Running aboot in Manta the day, started missing on one pot. Investigated tonight, #4 plug lead gone, ok, we have them, king lead also bad, and just found crack in cap as well. Cut a long story short, nae manta tomorrow! Sorry, hae tae be Mk2 Polo or nothin!Apologies in advance! Any spare caps for a bosch dizzy gratefully paid for .................................

Weather was a bit damp(on and off)so after meeting at the lay-by we trundled up the road(4 roundabouts :D ) to Dobbies garden centre for more blethering and a full cooked breaky :thumbup . Had a great time.

6 folk and 3 Mantas .....not bad for the middle of November. Next meet'll be at Tommy's hoose which means a lot of Mantas,mostly Tommy's!!

Iain,hope the A's running better now.

Mantameet001.jpg

Mantameet003.jpg

Mantameet002.jpg

Mantameet004.jpg

Mantameet005.jpg

Mantameet006.jpg

Mantameet007.jpg

Mantameet008.jpg

Mantameet009.jpg

Mantameet010.jpg

Mantameet011.jpg

Mantameet012.jpg

Edited by manta400john

Cheers for the Cavvy's last meet till next year.

Good seeing you all again and for once the Cavvy's outnumbered the Manta's. :thumbup

It was a pity Keith and Craig couldn't make it but maybe next time.

I'll get that inner wheel arch sealed up Colin, what do you think it best in the meantime, underseal and paint or fibreglass to bridge the gap?

Glad you got the A running again Iain.

Cheers for the pics John.

Ta,

Deano.

Bloody great fun out there on the wet roundabouts today, what a hoot, thanks for all the compliments guys, they should go to Bill Dalgetty, its all his handywork you see under the bonnet.

Dean,

I would (if it were mine) dig out carefully all of whatever they have slapped on the inside and start again bridging it with fibreglass after treating the corroded areas with some kind of rust treatment (Poris/ Bilt Hamber, etc.) then seal it of with a soft flexible underseal or similer which will protect it well enough till you decide to have it done properly if thats the road your going down. Looking good and sounding even better just the same.

Good to see all of you guys out on a wet day, and well done with the camera John :thumbup:thumbup:thumbup

Cheers, Colin. :D