Edinburgh Way

keith1200

• 3 months later...

Have just been informed of a wee tour on Saturday 13TH March, assembling at Newbattle Abbey College at 9am. This is very close to where we met last time for those who don't know the area. There will be a mix of cars so I'm told including a Scimitar,VW Campers and Saab 2stroke. Meeting at unit 13A within the grounds of the College. Around 15 cars hopefully. The idea is to go a wee tour south into the Borders.

Anyone fancy it then post your name up.....can meet at the layby for 8:50 and go to Newbattle from there(2 minutes drive)?

Heard about this from Dave Wyatt,don't know if he's takin' the orange A or something else?!

John. :thumbup

Would love to go but 1. it will be in the Saab Turbo, and 2. Scheduled to work till 11.30 but will try to re-book them soI can go. :thumbup

Remind me wi a P.M. please John.

Edited by vauxsenb

PM answered, John, ta. As ah said, should be OK, should even hae a Manta this time!

Jist read Deano's post in the other section. Deano, ye want me tae pick you up in Kirkliston an take ye tae Newbattle? Nae a problem.

Cheers

Iain

• 2 weeks later...

A good turnout on Saturday. I picked up Craig and we headed off to Newbattle to join the increasing number of motors gathering at John and Davie Wyatt's.

CarRunMarch004.jpg

Lotus with 1800 Vauxhall lump on twin carbs.

CarRunMarch008.jpg

CarRunMarch009.jpg

Ian's Hi-Lux Manta!(depth of field/perspective not helping!!)

CarRunMarch005.jpg

MK2 Capri 2.0 Ghia-very original car and driven with enthusiasm!

CarRunMarch010.jpg

An auld thing.

CarRunMarch011.jpg

Inside with the wedding cars.

CarRunMarch012.jpg

CarRunMarch013.jpg

CarRunMarch014.jpg

Edited by manta400john

A great time had by all I think. I had to leave early 'cause of work :( so assuming all got home in one piece and under their own steam.

Thanks to John and Davie Wyatt,great idea and when can we do it again?!!

Cheers,

John.

PS If anyone's looking for Wedding Cars in the Edinburgh area check this out.......Manta's available by special request!

http://www.ecosseclassiccars.co.uk/