Se Area Pub Meets

monaco manta

Hi everybody, following the burning down of our old venue (the Spread Eagle) it has been decided to try using 2 separate venues - one for the summer months when the weather is hopefully better as this one gives everybody the chance to go for a bit of a run out using some nice winding roads whilst still being easy to locate, plus one for the winter months which is on a more major road and very close to the A12 / M25 junction.

Winter venue is:

George & the Dragon at Mountnessing, just off the A12 on the B1002 Roman Road. They have their own website : http://www.thegeorge...rentwood.co.uk/ Planned meets for this venue for the next 12 months are: 10th January 201014th March 2010

For the summer months we will be using the:

The Three HorseshoesBurnham RoadAlthorneChelmsfordEssexCM3 6DP Phone no 01621 740307 This is on the B1010. If you want a map use this link : http://www.multimap....DP#map=51.65531,0.76421|16|4&bd=useful_information&loc=GB:51.65528:0.76421:16|CM36DP|CM3%206DP

Dates for this one are 8th Nov 2009, 9th May 2010 (no meeting in July due to Billing) and 12th September 2010.

If you want any further details, send me a pm or phone using one of the numbers in the front of your mag.

Hope to see as many of you there as possible.

Val

• 1 month later...

Hi Val,

there are other South East area meets (ie Sussex with anywhere between 7 and 11 owners turning up to The Bull pub in Shermanbury). Could you pop Essex into the title of this thread please to avoid confusion if anyone new is further south?

If anyone is interested in that one then please PM me.

Many thanks

Roy

P.S. I thought I had put a note on this thread before which seems to have dissappeared?

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately with the current extreme weather conditions it has been decided that the meeting scheduled for this coming Sunday (10th January) will NOT take place. It was hoped that the weather may clear up a little, but now it sounds like Sunday is likely to give us the heaviest snow fall combined with high winds. In addtion Essec County Council announced last night that roads (with the exception of motorways) will not be gritted over the weekend.

Next meeting therefore in Essex will be 14th March at the George & Dragon.

Can I ask ALL SE Area members to please drop me an email within the next few weeks so I can update my contact list; unfortunately my old computer 'died' on my Christmas Eve and as a result I lost all my email contacts; whilst I have a very old list supplied by Chris Collier I am aware that a number of members have changed their email addresses etc since it was issued.

Thanks, and it's got to get better hasn't it?

Unfortunately with the current extreme weather conditions it has been decided that the meeting scheduled for this coming Sunday (10th January) will NOT take place. It was hoped that the weather may clear up a little, but now it sounds like Sunday is likely to give us the heaviest snow fall combined with high winds. In addtion Essec County Council announced last night that roads (with the exception of motorways) will not be gritted over the weekend.

Next meeting therefore in Essex will be 14th March at the George & Dragon.

Can I ask ALL SE Area members to please drop me an email within the next few weeks so I can update my contact list; unfortunately my old computer 'died' on my Christmas Eve and as a result I lost all my email contacts; whilst I have a very old list supplied by Chris Collier I am aware that a number of members have changed their email addresses etc since it was issued.

Thanks, and it's got to get better hasn't it?

Roy, in reply to your post this was titled 'SE ARea Meets' because this is the official name for our Area so would be recognisable for all members in the area, therefore I', loath to change the title.

You mention a number of members turning up on a regular basis (at Shermanbury), which is not something I've been aware of before. Perhaps you'd be good enough to contact me with further details, particularly if this is being run by actual members of the club etc, then I'd be able to get it mentioned in the Manta Magic mag for you all. Plus it would be nice to know when / where it is being held so people from this area can try and attend as we have, several times in the past tried to run meetings in the Kent area without any interest being shown from members in that area, which so we gave up trying to find a suitable venue etc.

Thanks

Val

Hi Val

I'll answer for Roy..

We started by popping a thread on the forum in open events with a date and time but as with your Kent meet only a few members from Sussex would reply (apart from John 17375738378547) so Roy started sending private messages out and near the time popped up a thread.

The problem with getting it in the mag would be its a ad-hock event it would be nice to have a reg Sussex meet but sadly I dont think we have the numbers in the area to warrant the time to arrange.Im sure it would end up like the last time with the Pease Pottage meet and would just be me wasting an hour in some pub carpark waiting then go home :thumbup .

Sean

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Val (oh and thanks for that Sean :) )

I hope you don't mind me jumping on your thread but as we are both south east (You being more North East/South East and us being South/South East!), hopefully anyone in the area as a whole could go to their closest one by contacting either of us. Like Sean says we are a bit ad hoc but with a few of us getting our cars back on the road this year (2.4 B' , hatch V8 and hatch GTE) not to mention other standard and Modified cars already in the area) hopefully we will be a bit more regular this year!

Best of luck with yours Val and maybe we could arrange a visit to each others meet at some point in the year (what do you reckon Sean?)??

Roy

Im always up for a meet and as always not to worried about travel...I know John R aka 125499763625626586265 on here also wants to come down to a southern meet.

Prob not to good at the moment tho as weve still got snow angry.gif in places

Hi, I'm up for a meet sometime, although my '74 A is currently up on axle stands with its front wing and grill missing and interior stripped out. I'm doing the welding myself so i'm hoping it will be ready and MOT'd come the spring. I'm in Hastings, East Sussex, but can travel. Would be good to swap notes and yak Manta.

Mick

• 1 month later...

Hi, just checking if weather dependent there is likely to be a March 2010 SE area pub meet at the George & Dragon, Mountnessing? Ideally I would like to suggest a week later than planned for the 21st March, but if everyone else can make the 14th only, then I will try and get down at some stage later afternoon. Won't be there before 3-ish however on the 14th though if at all.

What are everybody else's thoughts or suggestions?

(Plus if it's the 21st there is more chance of me getting the exhaust changed and actually dragging the Manta out!).

Dave

Hi, just checking if weather dependent there is likely to be a March 2010 SE area pub meet at the George & Dragon, Mountnessing? Ideally I would like to suggest a week later than planned for the 21st March, but if everyone else can make the 14th only, then I will try and get down at some stage later afternoon. Won't be there before 3-ish however on the 14th though if at all.

What are everybody else's thoughts or suggestions?

(Plus if it's the 21st there is more chance of me getting the exhaust changed and actually dragging the Manta out!).

Dave

im busy on the 14th but can do the 21st.

phil

• 2 weeks later...

Email has been sent to all SE Area members after somebody pointed out to me that it is Mothers Day on 14th - I thought I'd avoided this when I sorted out the meeting dates, but obviously not!

The replies I've had so far seem to also be indicating 21st is the better date, so please take it that meeting will now be on that day.

Mick / Sean / Roy - I'm sure there are members in our area prepared to travel further south a bit for an occasional meet, although I have to say it would need to be of a weekend as I very rarely get home from work etc before 8pm! Perhaps somebody could give me a ring if something is going on, then I can in turn ring around to see who else can get away and join in?

I know what you mean about sitting around in car parks for a couple of hours and then going home without a single person turning up - been there, seen it, got the T-shirt, although I have to say it's not happened here for the last couple of years so something must be looking up!

Val

Meeting now confirmed for Sunday 21st - George & Dragon, Mountnessing. See original post for directions / website of the pub itself and here's praying for semi-decent weather! My Manta's battery appeared to be 'dead' when Les went round the garage last weekend so he's going to take the booster pack round and get it started / bring it home for a charge and clean up etc as I don't think it's actually been out of the lock-up since early October, so hardly surprising it didn't want to start.

Hope to see some new faces on the day.

Val

SE Area Rep

Meeting now confirmed for Sunday 21st - George & Dragon, Mountnessing. See original post for directions / website of the pub itself and here's praying for semi-decent weather! My Manta's battery appeared to be 'dead' when Les went round the garage last weekend so he's going to take the booster pack round and get it started / bring it home for a charge and clean up etc as I don't think it's actually been out of the lock-up since early October, so hardly surprising it didn't want to start.

Hope to see some new faces on the day.

Val

SE Area Rep

I know I suggested the 21st, and that might still be ok for me, but driving into Brentwood this morning, just realised that it is the Brentwood half marathon this Sunday 21st, and there will be problems at the junction with the A12 and Roman Road, Mountnessing to get into the George and Dragon pub! Just thought I'd let everyone know and see if it is worth considering an alternative venue? Any thoughts, or you all just want to chance it at the roundabout, there are warnings of runners in the road, so maybe a cow catcher will help??

Dave