Windscreen, Square Headlamps And Some Misc Trim

Rick-Manta

I'm not going to start work on this car until way into next year but save me struggling to find certain bits, I'm going to start looking out for some of them now.

Currently I need a completely unmarked B series windscreen with the standard tinted top sunstrip and I think the glass has a bit of a brown tint to it, a new seal wouldn't go amiss either but I'm sure I could use the old one otherwise.

I'm going to be keeping the square lamps but wouldn't mind a matching pair of new old stock ones to suit a 1984 GTE as the ones fitted currently are mis-match and a little rough looking.

I could also do with the trim that covers the inside of the boots rear panel for a hatch. It's like a textured MDF that covers the light cluster backs and holds in with plastic push in clips.

I'm bound to need more stuff as time goes on. Thanks.

Windscreens you can still get new, so i'd go that route if you cannot find one.

If the silvering of the headlights is ok then try splitting them to clean the lights. Can work wonders. Just dont rub the actual reflector itself. You can do wonders with the head lights.

Rear hatch trim. I have this somewhere. WHat colour are you after?

Thanks, I do have a spare windscreen but it's completely clear and would rather have the original looking tinted glass with the dark tint strip across the top, do you know if these are still available? I doubt my local autowindscreens would be much help with me specifying types of glass to them :D

The headlamps are a mis-match, I imagine one broke and it's been replaced with a different make. I will try cleaning them up if I have no success finding new ones. I'm just hoping someone has some boxed new old stock lamps as they're not as sought after as the irmscher quads and I'd pay more than what they could be ebayed for.

Finally the boot trim is grey and I'm missing the panel that goes on the back covering the access to the rear lamp clusters, I could also use a handful of the plastic securing things as most of those are missing on the existing trim.

Thanks again..

The new windscreens do come with the tint, but i cannot for the life of me remember the colour. I think i used autoglass to get my last one.

There is a seller on ebay that was doing new lights, they crop up from time to time.

I have the parts for the boot in grey, as for the clips i'll have to look. But you can get these new from places like woolies etc.

I will dig the rear boot parts out tomorrow if the rain holds off and post some pictures up so we know we're talking about the same thing.

Try here for clips...My link

Edited by Snowy

Great stuff thanks. No need to hurry, like I say I'm just starting to source some bits needed for this GTE which won't be seeing the road again until Summer next year. Unless of course I get it to a windscreen place before the tax and test run out next month, if windscreens are that easy then I will go to my local place after all.

That Bresco place looks handy for other bits too. I'm going to get an assortment of bungs as I have to weld up loads of areas which will only rot out again if I don't use a dinitrol or waxoil type product.

Edited by Rick-Manta