1800 Hatch Complete In Shrewsbury

Spoke to the guy selling this car today. He claims that the shell is rust free and it is complete including the 1800 running gear and very good quad lights.

I informed him of how much certain parts were worth but he still wants the car to go complete if possible.

He's looking for £300 for the car, this includes everything.

Give him a call on 07801 554 642

I just do not have the space for another project car.

Manta

didnt get the reg by any chance Snowy?

That looks v v v familiar to me even down to the Exc wheels, i fitted some to mine just before it went walkies.........

Andy

Edited by Andy18s

didnt get the reg by any chance Snowy?

That looks v v v familiar to me even down to the Exc wheels, i fitted some to mine just before it went walkies.........

Andy

Might be worth takig this discussion into the members area in case this is the case and the bloke/car disappear.

Andy - save the page too as its got contacts you may need to use. Could be worth going to have a look at it as a potential buyer.

I haven't seen the car and didn't think to ask the reg.

The guy told me that an old gentlemen brought the car to him to get rid of it. He decided that it is too good to just break so wants to sell it whole.

He only advertised the seats to save on ebay listing fees.

He seemed too honest about it for him to be doing anything dodgy. I'm not saying it's not your car, but i do believe this guy doesn't know that.

Thanks

some quality questions from ebay members,

Hi, How much do you want for the complete car? I am very interested in it for a project. I could collect with cash anytime over the next few days if the price is right. Cheers David mantasport@ntlworld.com 13-Nov-09

A: Hi David, I have been told by a 'Manta' collector that this car has some very sort after parts? Apart from the panal damage which in my mind is repairable it is a very rust free example. I told this other guy I was after £300 for the whole car and he said I should get that easily. Feel free to call me on 07801 554 642, Thanks, Steve.

Is the wiring loom still in place? If so how much if a came up and took the front section out? Also do you still have the engine? Thanks 10-Nov-09

A: Hi, sorry for the delay in getting back to you, This car is complete at the moment and just about rust free,but does have some panal damage. I am not sure if it runs ok as it came with no keys and I just have not had time to try and start it. That said the engine bay looks undisturbed,the water and oil are clean also,and the car was still on the road last year, (all the damage has happened in my yard!). I did think it would be a shame to break it because it WAS so straight when it came in, but since the damage?. Anyway make me an offer for the loom as I am not to sure how much you need. If you call me on 07801 554 642 in the day I shall be around the car to answer a bit better. Thanks, Steve.

Ask seller a question

as if he is just after the loom :rolleyes: oh and is the engine still there, lol more like is the sump engine mounts and gearbox still there!

quality pure quality.

some quality questions from ebay members,

Is the wiring loom still in place? If so how much if a came up and took the front section out? Also do you still have the engine? Thanks 10-Nov-09

A: Hi, sorry for the delay in getting back to you, This car is complete at the moment and just about rust free,but does have some panal damage. I am not sure if it runs ok as it came with no keys and I just have not had time to try and start it. That said the engine bay looks undisturbed,the water and oil are clean also,and the car was still on the road last year, (all the damage has happened in my yard!). I did think it would be a shame to break it because it WAS so straight when it came in, but since the damage?. Anyway make me an offer for the loom as I am not to sure how much you need. If you call me on 07801 554 642 in the day I shall be around the car to answer a bit better. Thanks, Steve.

Ask seller a question

as if he is just after the loom :rolleyes: oh and is the engine still there, lol more like is the sump engine mounts and gearbox still there!

quality pure quality.

Shows how wrong you are. I was just after the loom. That's why i advertised the car up here when i realised its potential.

Too quick to jump to conclusions. I even told him about the parts and what people would want them for. That's why he is keen to sell as a whole car so someone will save it.

Shows how wrong you are. I was just after the loom. That's why i advertised the car up here when i realised its potential.

Too quick to jump to conclusions. I even told him about the parts and what people would want them for. That's why he is keen to sell as a whole car so someone will save it.

maybee so, but it looks too much like you were after the engine parts etc, but i didn't recall seeing your post for a wiring loom???

maybee so, but it looks too much like you were after the engine parts etc, but i didn't recall seeing your post for a wiring loom???

That's because i never posted for one. Believe it or not i get very few of my parts through this website.

If i wanted the engine etc, i have a landrover discovery and a trailer. I would have been up there like a shot.

Instead i advertised it on here for the gentleman as i said i would. I would rather see it back on the road. Especially if his description of the shell was accurate.

Edited by Snowy

She hasn't been sold,she's back with the owner

Me! :D

Went down this morning for a look,and could'nt believe it was sat there! Got both doors shoved in (maybe repairable),rear bumper knocked off,front airdam badly holed and cracked,and covered in tree sap.

Turned out it was a malicious phonecall to the guy to come and lift it.And nope, he never kept the number.

Glad to get it back tho

Thanks to Snowy for the heads up :thumbup

Thanks to all for their help and messages on all the various web forums (Migweb,retrocar etc)

Andy

That is one amazing story, I'm chuffed that you have had you'r car back mate, I remember when you told us that it had been taken away on a beaver tail. So Friday 13th can be lucky for some!!

Julian.

Yep,Fri 13th worked out ok for me

Its been 11mth 2 weeks since it went walkies,whilst i was at the bike show last year!

Mmmm,yes.... the beavertail...

whilst i was looking over the manta,i spotted the beavertail parked up with a fairly mint loooking Xr4i sitting on it :unsure:

Say no more...hehe

Edited by Andy18s

Yep,Fri 13th worked out ok for me

Its been 11mth 2 weeks since it went walkies,whilst i was at the bike show last year!

Mmmm,yes.... the beavertail...

whilst i was looking over the manta,i spotted the beavertail parked up with a fairly mint loooking Xr4i sitting on it :unsure:

Say no more...hehe

Nice one Andy, that's such good news. Really chuffed for ya! :thumbupB)

Snowy, if you're after a loom I've got a GTE one possibly availablable. Pending someone with first dibs already.

PS...

Andy fancy selling the sump...? ;)

Snowy, if you're after a loom I've got a GTE one possibly availablable. Pending someone with first dibs already.

PS...

Thanks for the offer but i need an 1800 loom. I have a few GTE looms.

Thanks

PS...

i have a few sumps here, do you need the engine mounts etc as well? i have gte and 1.8 looms as well :thumbup let me know which ones your after, i'll do my best to help you out.

Edited by lepo5

Right, got the car back monday morning and had a good look at it.

All the damage is where it can be seen.when a forklift has used to move it,it fortunately has done no damage to the underside or the sills.

Both doors are shagged tho.

rear panel isn't too bad where the bumper has been ripped off,and front bumper is fecked too.

Oh,and the paintwork is as flat as a very flat thing.

Battery,fresh fuel,and she started and drove into the yard tho!

Andy

th_manta1.jpg

th_manta5.jpg

th_manta4.jpg

th_manta3.jpg

th_manta2.jpg

Edited by Andy18s

If you find this being too much for you or have lost faith with the car then please give me a shout / first dibs as id love to make this my daily driver.

And i dont mean brake it for an xe conversion :)

Cheers

Ross :)

Hi Ross, I have no intention of letting this go again,i have a few ideas i'm looking to try out.

Andy