A Series -How Do I Remove Front Grill And Front Wing?

MickB

I am just starting to strip down the car to allow the welding to be done and need to take off grill and front wing. I have taken out the self tapping screws from the front grill and the middle section has come away fine. But the two end pieces covering the headlights are loose but somehow still attached. I can't see anything holding them on?

Likewise I have removed the bonnet and taken out the self tappers from the top of the wing and from under the front of the wheel arch. The wing is very loose but seems to still be held around the door area. Does the door have to come off (if so this looks tricky) and will this reveal anymore self tappers that need removing?

I cannot find any schematic drawings on the web and the Haynes manual doesn't cover this type of thing. angry.gif

Hope someone can help.

Many thanks

Mick B

There are 2 8mm nuts on the back of the light frame in side the engine bay.

Wings have a bolt at the top hidden by the door, open door and look at top under the window, also bolted behind the cardbourd kick panel and under wing on to sill.

There are 2 8mm nuts on the back of the light frame in side the engine bay.

Wings have a bolt at the top hidden by the door, open door and look at top under the window, also bolted behind the cardbourd kick panel and under wing on to sill.

Many thanks.

Mick B

No problem.

If you have any more questions just ask, I've had an A for 25 years now so there not a lot I don't know about them thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Great, thanks for that, wing and grills now off. The bolt behind the cardboard kick panel would have had me foxed for hours, I wouldn't have thought to look there.thumbsup.gif

Edited by MickB