My New Workshop

simon p

Great to see this project unfold mate, and a four poster in the workshop too? (Is that where you'll be sleeping?) I look forward to popping up to see you in your new home sometime then, and fingers crossed it all goes well for you Simon.

Wish you all the best for a good Christmas too, and hopefully catch up with you sometime next year.

Cheers,

Dave

Yor more than welcome to pop ip next year Dave..... your new roof has inspired me to get my A Series out of storage.... roll on billing :thumbup

Very nice site chaps - went with Simon the other weekend to have a peek :thumbup Who knows another Summer show venue to visit in suffolk - that coupled with the best beer in the world (in my opinion) Abbot Ale.... would surely be very nice indeed B)!

With all that land Simon, a ready made show site if ever i saw one, just need to square it with the inlaws :lol:

Look fantastic Simon - and you are cracking on with things too....you don't hang about do you?

If you are looking at offering some dedicated Manta storage, I'm sure that there are a few of us that could keep you in business!

It will be interesting to see how you are getting on, so keep on with the photos!

All the best....exciting times!

I'll be able to offer Manta storage soon i hope, anyone interested in storage, give me a call. I will be posting some more pics up, just sorting out a few tradesmen for the things i cant do, new concrete floor is one as well as the wiring, bloody building regs. Also having trouble with the planners regarding the barn conversion for our new home. Also, my old workshop is full of Opels mainly V8 powered A's (and one Chevette which will be hot at billing 2010). Loads to do.

Hi Simon,

Haven't had a chance to have a chat of late, as hard at work.

When I get a chance I will give you a call and arrange to drop the car back for some more work when convenient. Brought another car. A Mercedes ML to tow the Manta amongst other things.

If you need any advice in respect of Planning/Listed Buildings Officer or Building Regulations give me a call.

Looks like your progressing well with the workshop. Hope family are well and not too stressed!

Speak soon

• 4 months later...

Got a bit more done this weekend, i've been concentrating on the car storage garage. I needed to take out the old small doorway to enable access for cars. I've put in a new door frame now so cars are already going in, i now need to make some good solid doors.

24mhq4k.jpg

As for our new home, well here it is.

313qb1l.jpg

The plan was to build an extension where the concrete pad is and where the rubble is piled up at the moment but it would cover the large square opening in the side of the barn. There was a lean to shed already there but was removed by the developer as it was unsafe. The concrete pad is about 15ftx35ft so we thought we could have two large bedrooms there, leaving the rest of the barn go be a large open plan living area, however, it seems the planners want to leave the opening exposed and fill it in with glass, great. The barn is really big enough to convert the way we want to. More meetings with the plannners i can see in the future.

Looking good Simon! :-)

the caravan though - is that a Grand Design first??

GREAT to catch up earlier - and that long term thing has been bouncing around my head all day - definite food for thought!

speak soon and take it easy fella. :-D

• 4 months later...

Got abit done over the last few months. We moved on site in May, living in a caravan until i've built the house. We've no broadband on site so i've been using a dongle (very frustrating) since we moved, however, we've had a power cut tonight so i'm round my Mums for the evening and I thought i'd take advantage of the broadband connection to get a few pics up.

This is the new workshop, just to remind you

adj4oi.jpg

We started by filling in the two side bay of the building

krus4.jpg

2nsrkli.jpg

Once the outer frame was up, we plasterboarded it and moved on to battening the walls

2w7l5jd.jpg

A big pile of stuff

259dboj.jpg

Once the the stud work was finished, the rest of the plasterboard was fitted along with loads of insulation

2vm839j.jpg

2w5pvep.jpg

4mm steel sill installed before the new floor surface was layed

2l43fm.jpg

2po5wmw.jpg

The outsite has been clad with tyvec lining before the black, barn style shiplap cladding is to be added.

s6t7w5.jpg

Suspended office style ceiling, its all done now along with flush lights.

104n900.jpg

Nice to see the progress Simon, that's really coming on well. Hope you're doing ok, and keeping busy? I am getting a new offside wing soon, so may well pop up to see you again early next year if that's ok? Will you be in new workshop by then do you think?

Dave

Yes, no worries, bring it up. i'm proper busy but you've got to lok after you old customers :thumbup I'll be working from there in around 6 weeks................ hopefully.

anyway, got the doors fitted, so it's all water tight now

1zc06ko.jpg

35852sy.jpg

rby8eh.jpg

2r71xdv.jpg

2hs6zj7.jpg

2enq36h.jpg