East Midlands Xmas Dinner

Cavtastic

I have been asked by several East Midlands members; Are we having a Christmas Dinner evening this year? Members around Lincoln and east of the city have asked if we could have an evening at Mill Lodge (Lincoln) for all those members who do not attend the Gunthorpe monthly meeting.

This will not replace the offical OMOC meeting at Gunthorpe! We could have two Xmas Dinners then? most of the attendies will remember the stuffing last year! it was rock solid. So any ideas where we should go this year please?

Numbers for each event also please.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Andy, can't make it this year - just been knackered by lack of readies.

Boiler failed last week - thats £2500 for its replacement, then my dog had to be put to sleep on Monday (last) but not before knocking up over £600 in vets bills (all after I had just treated myself to a new lap-top!) - plus the Xmas spend, has left me brassick at the moment.

I think I shall put a Santa begging bowl outside the door - 'Poor pensioner Please give generously' or add my Manta to the local Christmas parade for charities with my own collection bucket !!! Ho HO HO!

Have a good Christmas all and a happy New Year - hope to see you in January.

Sorry to hear about your dog George that's sad. Hope you are in good health though. Will be good to see you in the new year.

Andy I'm up for the Xmas dinner. It's just the lack of lighting in the car park at the Vale of Belvoir and that it get's very busy which in past years led to damage of some member's cars.

Don't mind giving Scampton a try or there is the West Retford Hotel just off the A638 which is very good.

Neil

Ok :rolleyes: seems to be some interest in having a meal at Scampton in Lincolnshire. I'll phone them and see what they do. Maybe next Thursday evening. We can still have another bash in the West of the area if there is enough interest.

The Pub is the called "Dam Busters" in Scampton, you cannot miss it really, Lancasters parked everwhere & Guy Gibson's dogs bowl is still outside the front door.

Now to be terribly un-PC. Guy Gibson's (leader of the Dambuster Squadron) dog (Nigger) was buried at RAF Scampton & used to be near the Officers Mess. It was considered normal for all members of visiting squadron personnel to try to take a leak on this grave (must admit to being involved) especially us fighter squadron lads.

The grave was moved near to the Guardroom to stop us miscreants from watering the patch!!

Have a good night, pity I can't make it, could have tried to fill the dogs bowl - if the kidneys permit.

Edited by Bogwart

Do we have any dates for this yet, Im short of funds but if I have notice I might be able to save a few quid by not eating for a week before :blink:

Im up for the Dambusters, nice place, plenty of history and the last time I went it was full of artifacts and memorobilia.