Manta B/c Coupe Parts Available

Retro Power

Just a quick post, as I am not going to list everything I have as it would take weeks!

If you need anything for a manta B/C coupe or hatch, I may well have it. Things I DON'T have are any good recaros, injection fuel tanks, carpets, rear seats.

Of current interest I DO have all suspension parts, some new old stock some used. 1800 engine bits, 2.0 CIH bits including a range of camshafts from Kent etc, reground 2.0 CIH crank, all injection bits for GTEs, lots of axles, torque tubes, calipers, plus various body bits. Starters, alternators, steering columns, heaters, radiators, seatbelts, glass, aftermarket sunroof, wheels of all types................

PM me if you need anything and I will let you know if I have it

I have a good low mileage 1800 OHC engine sat waiting for a new home, and I also have a 2.0E CIH also available and complete.

S

I could do with a tinted top windscreen (late GTE type) and a pair of new old stock (or damn near perfect) square headlamps if you have any of that? Also could use a pair of headlamp wipers...

Also mate, it's probably worth stating your general location as you're offering some unpostables.

R

Sorry, forgot to fill in my location in my profile.... Have done now!! Based in Leicestershire, exact location on website (link in sig).

Exact list would take forever, suffice to say I can see 7 axles in our container, and they each represent a complete car that was broken for spares (I hasten to add due to very bad rot or accident damage... Unsaveable, and that takes a lot for us!!)

I'll have to check on the headlamps, I've a feeling we do have some very good square ones. I'll get back to you.

We have a pair of headlamp wiper motors, but not sure about the arms... Again I'll take a look (on Monday) and report back!

Rab, we'd happily ship an axle up to you although I'm not sure of pallet courier costs up to your neck o' thi wids. Do you want 3.67:1 or 3.44?? I'm not sure how many 3.67's we have left now.

Certainly have a passenger mirror.

Will have to check on the screens, have a few but not sure of condition.

I'll have a good rummage on Monday, and confirm on here all the above bits with prices.

Cheers.

hello mate..........

Having been in the position of having loads and loads of Manta spares before I moved house I found it easier to sort out what I wanted and then bin the rest after originally typing up a short list of the best parts on this forum and getting hardly any response whatsoever.

Anyway mate, I'm after a parcel shelf for a coupe, a headlining for a coupe, and a centre console.

In return,,,, ,,,,, ,,,, I could produce those panels you need making and engraving :) apologies for not returning your call, will try and call you on Monday.

im after a rear panel rear chrome bumper ns rear quarter ns window for a 76 coupe cheers

Hello... What tint colour and opening or non. Def have non-opening rears in clear with seals, but would only sell the pair, and they are quite rare.

im after a rear panel rear chrome bumper ns rear quarter ns window for a 76 coupe cheers

PS: yes, have a good rear panel, cut from a coupe. Light surface corrosion on the inside, but lower seam, and side seams all very good. £50.

Can sort pics if needed.

No chrome bumpers I'm afraid, but Clive (Opel 2000) may do I think.

hello mate..........

Having been in the position of having loads and loads of Manta spares before I moved house I found it easier to sort out what I wanted and then bin the rest after originally typing up a short list of the best parts on this forum and getting hardly any response whatsoever.

Anyway mate, I'm after a parcel shelf for a coupe, a headlining for a coupe, and a centre console.

In return,,,, ,,,,, ,,,, I could produce those panels you need making and engraving :) apologies for not returning your call, will try and call you on Monday.

Hi Clive!

right, yep, got a used, intact, non-sunroof headlining (black and white one) which you are welcome to, but another member (you know who! ) needs it as a pattern first as he's having one made in different material.

Yep, got a dark grey centre console, absolutely mint with undamaged screw covers, again its yours if you want it.

Unfortunately only have pretty shite parcel shelf, you can have a look when you're down here and see what you think. Mick Harbidge asked about it too and I told him it wasn't good enough!

in terms of money/services, we'll have a chat, I think some stickers in your car when its done might do the trick :thumbup

Edited by Retro Power

OK, had a trawl through some bits and found the following:

• 2x passenger mirrors, both very good with no cracks/scuffs to the casing, no discolouration of the glass, but the metal 'mount' on both would need repainting to be concours (original paint has faded/flaked). One has the window runner and corner piece attached (ie: if you were adding it to a non-passender mirror car) the other does not (straight replacement).

£10 for either plus postage.

• I have found one very good offside square Lucas headlamp with rubber seal.

£20 plus postage

Can't find a good nearside at the moment, but I have another shed that I have not looked in so far... Will do tommorrow.

• Bronze tint screen with deep blue top tint. Has wiper scratches on the outer radius of the wiper pattern, and some general road 'chipping' (no big chips, but some very fine bits that tend to accumulate with mileage)

Free, but needs to be collected in person.

I can't find the headlamp motors anywhere, and only removed them from a car a couple of weeks ago, so I have to assume I have binned them... Sorry!

HI

Do you have a coupe fuel tank and a B series 3.67 axle.

How much would you want for these items, i will collect.

regards

Ian

Hi Ian. Have a good non-injection tank, but no injection ones. £25 for that.

3.67 axle - £150 - can't guarantee condition of bearings but you are welcome to dismantle and inspect as much as possible on collection.

Cheers,

Callum.

How good is the 1.8 engine? How complete is it and mostly how much is it?

OR...

Do you have a 2.0 OHC 130 engine from a cav SRi or similar?

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve.

The 1.8 we have is complete with all anciliaries except for sump and mounts. Was fairly low mileage (60-70k off the top of my head) no smoke or rattles. Yours for £40 but you will need to collect. (and yes it does have the dizzy&mount still)

I do have a 130 engine in my own Manta (which is off the road - I'm planning on a new engine soon) I would sell for the right price, but to be honest it's worth £150 to me just to make it easier to move the car around, and you'd probably find one for less... it needs new stem seals too as it smokes a bit from cold. Come and have a look if you want. It's driveable in the car at the moment.

Have had a furthur trawl through the parts and can confirm a few more parts.....

• 5 x back windows, 1 Green tint, 2 Bronze, 2 clear
  • 3 x windscreens, all bronze, with or without top tint, none are perfect, but all MOT passes

• At least one good pair of genuine GM front wings (used)
  • At least one good pair of non-gen front wings (used)

• 1 pair of inner wings. Cut behind the front panel seam, but good, solid rear end seam and de-spotted from rail.
  • 1 good, straight rear panel, cut to include all seams. Light surface corrosion up inside the top of the inner hollow section, but very good as they go

• 1 pair of clear non-opening rear quarter windows with seals

Most trim parts still available (black or grey, but no blue/red/beige etc). exterior chrome trims but no black stuff. 5 spoke Ronals a fiver each if you collect with 'lucky dip' tyres! 1.8 alloys in good condition also a fiver each again with luky dip on tyres, though most are legal and useable. I have around 10 of each.

Keep the questions coming... Only 1x passenger mirror actually sold and paid so far!

Edited by Retro Power

Hi Steve.

The 1.8 we have is complete with all anciliaries except for sump and mounts. Was fairly low mileage (60-70k off the top of my head) no smoke or rattles. Yours for £40 but you will need to collect. (and yes it does have the dizzy&mount still)

I do have a 130 engine in my own Manta (which is off the road - I'm planning on a new engine soon) I would sell for the right price, but to be honest it's worth £150 to me just to make it easier to move the car around, and you'd probably find one for less... it needs new stem seals too as it smokes a bit from cold. Come and have a look if you want. It's driveable in the car at the moment.

I might have that 1.8, although id prefer a 2.0. My 1.8 is getting tired and need some more torques for pullin the caravan. Will get back to you on that one. Cheers ps, leicester bit far for browsing hahaha!

Edited by Sutty2006

I might have that 1.8, although id prefer a 2.0. My 1.8 is getting tired and need some more torques for pullin the caravan. Will get back to you on that one. Cheers ps, leicester bit far for browsing hahaha!

ah Leek's just a wee nip away lol!! Used to be a good cosworth breaker there that I used to go to!

The car that the 2.0 OHC is in is from up your way, used to be martin warner's!

Anyway, for pulling a curry-van, why not stick an ecotec in it? Won't cost a bomb if you are careful. Get a knackered omega for next to nowt, bolt the 1800 mounts, sump etc on, keep the ecotec injection, use a mk2 golf gti fuel pump gravity fed from the tank to sort the swirl pot issue, most expensive bit is the manifold, but £170 sorts that, get a lambda boss welded into it, job done.................

I'm after a pair of outriggers (i.e. bits that connect lower wishbone to chassis)?

thanks

Daz.

Hi, yep got a pair somewhere, will fish em out when its light. Are you ever up this way to pick em up or do you want them posting? Does a tenner for the pair sound ok? If you want em posting I'll weigh em and let you know the wallet damage

cheers

Edited by Retro Power

ah Leek's just a wee nip away lol!! Used to be a good cosworth breaker there that I used to go to!

The car that the 2.0 OHC is in is from up your way, used to be martin warner's!

Anyway, for pulling a curry-van, why not stick an ecotec in it? Won't cost a bomb if you are careful. Get a knackered omega for next to nowt, bolt the 1800 mounts, sump etc on, keep the ecotec injection, use a mk2 golf gti fuel pump gravity fed from the tank to sort the swirl pot issue, most expensive bit is the manifold, but £170 sorts that, get a lambda boss welded into it, job done.................

Hey, small world! But ecotecs are poo. Had an ecotec in my vectra and i had more headgasket problems than anything! lost oil, lost water and drank more fuel than i drink beer. I'd redtop it but everyone goes that route so i want be different. :D