Floor Repair Sections

Brown Job

Hi chaps,

Am MUCH too lazy to look through all sections on parts for these. Anyone able to tell me if floor repair sections (partciularly for offside) front footwells on a MantaB/Ascona B/Cavalier 1 are available from anyone?

Will save a bit of potching around making the sections up if so.

BJ

hi brown job, yep i purchased a couple of floor pans from germany as per link above. they fit very well ( see my latest project).

highly recommended as it saves loads of prep time.

Great, thanks all for replying.

UPK, seeing as you are only about 10 miles from me, what a downer I didn't know you were ordering, we could've split the postage costs!

I really only need the curly bit at the front by the pedals, the rest is sound. Will check with my fabricator how much he reckons to do it, and then decide whether to order panels or get him to make from scratch. The exchange rate is making a t*tty of the deal, if it was better there would be no contest.

BJ

Would a used section chopped out of a spares car be out of the question? Maybe a job getting rid of the underseal mind, yukky crap!

Hi Rick,

No, I'm not proud, I'll use anything if it's cheap and good!

Main snag would be finding a spares car that wasn't already rotted and patched in this area - the fact that a repair section was manufactured doesn't encourage me to believe in this.

Shifting underseal is easy, I'll get the bloke who works on my bench to breathe on it on any Monday after a night on the cury and lager ...

BJ

I'll have to have a closer look at a shell I've got at my yard. It's thick with underseal so could quite easily be riddled with corrosion underneath, but I'll have a good root around when I've got the carpet out of the way. Assuming it's any good it'd be free, but it'd probably be just as hard preparing it for welding (as it'd weld flush to the area surrounding your chopped out piece rather than a repair section which'd overlap) as it would making one up from flat steel.. Even with your work mates halatosis :lol:

I'm not down my yard much because of the christmas rush at work, but I'll have a good look at the floors as soon as poss.

I'll have to have a closer look at a shell I've got at my yard. It's thick with underseal so could quite easily be riddled with corrosion underneath, but I'll have a good root around when I've got the carpet out of the way. Assuming it's any good it'd be free, but it'd probably be just as hard preparing it for welding (as it'd weld flush to the area surrounding your chopped out piece rather than a repair section which'd overlap) as it would making one up from flat steel.. Even with your work mates halatosis :lol:

I'm not down my yard much because of the christmas rush at work, but I'll have a good look at the floors as soon as poss.

Thanks Rick,

If you come up with the goods, just let me know, otherwise will have to fabricate from sheet steel.

Underseal removal ain't too bad once the section's off the car and it can be worked on in the yard with a paint stripper gun and scraper. Gawd preserve us from lying under the car trying to do it as part of an inspect/replace job though.

BJ