1974 Manta A

nozzer

Not for sale, please ignore and send to the whinge bucket.

My project doesn't seem to be starting due to lack of time and cash and I was wondering what a manta in bad condition is worth....me being a bit of an idealist (loon) paid £650 for it with the idea of a nice hobby for the next couple of years!

bad points:-

rusty roof,

dissolved battery box,

engine is probably goosed,

extensive rust,

good points

still air in the tyres,

will keep ya busy for a while!!:D

Edited by nozzer

Depends on the level of rust. I'm gonna guess the wheel arches need replaced and chassis legs need a pile of work.

If it needs a new roof, then 650 is, in my opinion, too steep. If the chassis legs are solid then you might get that. Hard to put a price on it without seeing it.

My first manta was rotten and past it and I paid 200 quid for it (and I thought that I overpaid for it!)

Edited by Shug

get some pics up

I will when my house is a little less upside down, full rewire in progress!! :blink: So cannot find camera, I think its all the work on the house that's making me want rid

http://s602.photobucket.com/albums/tt104/nozzer_album/ <---- these are the ones off ebay when I bought it.

Edited by nozzer

hi,

i'm a long term omoc member and i am looking to borrow an A series manta for approx 1 week - for an art/photographic project.

i have my own manta but it is too good for the idea i have.

i am in lincolnshire/humberside and would come and collect it and drop it back to you leaving you some cash and a deposit as security.

it just needs to be running so i can drive it, or near to me if not but tow-able,

if you can help a fellow club member then please contact me ASAP on 07812 425 611

due to the nature of the project (the deadline!) i need it by 14/12 latest - hope you can help.

Running!!!!! Ha!!!!! you'll be lucky!

sorry mate :D

Edited by nozzer

Running!!!!! Ha!!!!! you'll be lucky!

sorry mate :D

Hi Keith,

I'm the Arthur Daily That sold you that pollished turd in Liverpool, Sorry to hair that you havn't done any work to it yet but I'm sure you'll get there in the end, as will I with my trash can on wheels. Keep me posted on your progress when you get started.

Good luck, Ray in Liverpool.

Hi Keith,

I'm the Arthur Daily That sold you that pollished turd in Liverpool, Sorry to hair that you havn't done any work to it yet but I'm sure you'll get there in the end, as will I with my trash can on wheels. Keep me posted on your progress when you get started.

Good luck, Ray in Liverpool.

not to worry ray, just been feeling sorry for myself (ahhhhhhh), never got a chance to start it yet, too busy with house based D.I.Y. and it was starting to feel as if I would never get it started.

however the house has now got new electric and kitchen will be done soon.....might start on the car in 2010

Edited by nozzer

not to worry ray, just been feeling sorry for myself (ahhhhhhh), never got a chance to start it yet, too busy with house based D.I.Y. and it was starting to feel as if I would never get it started.

however the house has now got new electric and kitchen will be done soon.....might start on the car in 2010

I'm hoping to get started on my Manta early next year, I've also got a lot of diy to get done on the house over the winter to keep the wife happy and stop her moning at me when I'm spending all my time on the car. So what are you planning on doing with your's, are you going down the back to original path or are you gunna do a custom job. I might have some bits and pieces that I'm removing from mine that you may be interested in, a complete exhaust system, cos I've bought a stainless steel one for mine, an original air filter with the adapter and bolts to screw straight onto your carb, cos I've bought a K&N one, I also have the wiper moter from that car, it's your's if you still need it I dont know why I've still got this because all the parts that I got with that car I left in the boot. if you want it just pay me the postage cost and i'll send it to you.

Thanks, Ray.