Cih Carb

big g13

Hi guys, my ascona's carb is gubbed so am looking for a suitable replacement to just bolt straight on with the appropriate manifold. Its a 1.9sr cih engine. Any help appreciated to get me up and running again.

Cheers Grant :thumbup

Edited by big g13

Hi guys, my ascona's carb is gubbed so am looking for a suitable replacement to just bolt straight on with the appropriate manifold. Its a 1.9sr cih engine. Any help appreciated to get me up and running again.

Cheers Grant :thumbup

I have a Variajet that is sat on a 1900/2 litre CiH manifold, the whole lot is grubby and could do with a damn good clean but was serviceable a few years ago when i took it off my car and fitted Injection.

I think a rebuild kit for the carb is a good idea, i rebuilt a variajet on my kitchen table a once (not this one, my old 1800 one) and it made the world of difference.

PM me if interested, I may not have it after the weekend as someone is coming down for lots of parts and might take this too.

I have a Variajet that is sat on a 1900/2 litre CiH manifold, the whole lot is grubby and could do with a damn good clean but was serviceable a few years ago when i took it off my car and fitted Injection.

I think a rebuild kit for the carb is a good idea, i rebuilt a variajet on my kitchen table a once (not this one, my old 1800 one) and it made the world of difference.

PM me if interested, I may not have it after the weekend as someone is coming down for lots of parts and might take this too.

Sorry for the slow reply Paul, busy weekend. Thanks very much for the offer but I was really looking for something working to just bolt on. If I have to rebuild one I would be as well doing my own. Not being a mechanic I am slightly reluctant to start pulling it apart as I have not done this before!

Maybe I will have to have a go.

• 3 weeks later...

buy a webber for a 2.0 ford pinto with manual choke, direct replacement for the solex/zenith if i remember right. loads better carb also. try ford breakers on google. :thumbup

Edited by rutts

Thanks lads, I've got hold of a rebuild kit for my zenith carb so am going to try refreshing the one i've got. Just waiting for the snow to disappear as it's to dam cold.

Was also thinking about the weber route but think i'll try sorting this one first :thumbup

Need to get the finger out so I can go for a play in the snow :D