Wanted Coupe

bazbiker

There's a guy selling an white XE hatchback on gumtree (Aberdeen) it's mot'ed/tax but conversion is needing finished off.

think he's looking for £800, good price in my opinion. I'd be quick, as manta up North are thin on the ground.

Thanks for this,

i have had a look on gumtree Aberdeen and it does look like a good deal for someone, but im not really into the hatch back look!

There's also a red A series in Glasgow on e-bay.....it looks good thumbsup.gif

John.

Yea i spotted that one and have it in my favourites smile.gif

I see the date stamp on some of his pictures is from 2005 so i have emailed the guy to see if i can view the car before the auction ends!

I dont mind doing engine or running gear work but dont want to be doing any body work as i have enough of that to do at the moment with my other classic cars rolleyes.gif

Yea i spotted that one and have it in my favourites smile.gif

I see the date stamp on some of his pictures is from 2005 so i have emailed the guy to see if i can view the car before the auction ends!

I dont mind doing engine or running gear work but dont want to be doing any body work as i have enough of that to do at the moment with my other classic cars rolleyes.gif

I had emailed the guy to see if i could view the Manta as the picks he had of it on Ebay were over 4 and a half years old but he said he could not let anyone view it before the end of the auction so i didnt bother taking the risk!

• 3 weeks later...

biggrin.gif A Charger......

What about some photos thumbsup.gif

Some might object 'cause it's not a Manta.......or a Cav. or an Ascona

Come on eh........photos.........PLEASE

John.

Ok here ya go.

The paint job is not really to my taste but that can soon be sorted out thumbsup.gif

Its an Australian Chrysler Valiant Charger 5.2L V8.

Its a very rare UK car, 218 were sold new here in the uk, only 12 remain and only two of those are road worthy, one of which is now mine biggrin.gif

100_7305.jpg

100_7298.jpg

100_7310.jpg

Cheers guys thumbsup.gif

Yea its almost all original exept for the paint. I need to get some new rubber trim for the door tops at the window plus some other wee perished rubber bits and seals, but they are all still available from Australia.

this one is an Auto as was all the V8 models, there was only ever one manual Charger sold in the UK and that was powered by the 265 HP Hemi Straight Six engine

It is basically a slightly smaller and right hand drive verson of the Dodge Charger, so more practical for the UK roads and also a bit more rare smile.gif