Silicon Hoses

SENNA1

There's nothing off the shelf, but with enough people interested I was planning on getting a set made up. It'd be too expensive to have the moulds made for one set but with about 10 orders would be about right. I did mention this before but didn't have enough people interested.

Are the heater hoses just straight lengths or did these have curved ends Deano? Nice job. For the GTE I'd like to get the top and bottom hoses and that flared one with the spring in it which joins to the water pump. I might just approach the company who can custom make silicone hoses for prices on getting the moulds made up, then prices for each subsequent set of 3 GTE water hoses.

I've also got a load of that silicone tape that can be wrapped over hoses that you can't get a replacement for to keep them all the same colour.

Hi SENNA1,

The top hoses are 2 x 35mm I/D 90 degree bend pipes that you need to trim down in length to fit with a stainless steel joiner in the middle.

Here is the link on ebay for the top hoses http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270300701752#ht_1345wt_876 and the link for the s/s joiner http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250323707646#ht_1321wt_876 and this link is to the ebay sellers shop http://shop.ebay.co.uk/autoperformanceonline/m.html.

I also got the heater hoses from them and they are 13mm I/D flexible hoses.

Hi Rick the heater hoses are designed to bend but still needed spring fitted in the bends up at the heater box to stop them from kinking and at the moment have not been able to find a replacement for the bottom hose so I have bought a nos item that I might put blue silicon tape round unless we can try and get a group buy on them from somewhere.

I hope this helps guys.

Ta,

Deano.

Thanks for the info Deano.

Did you ever make any enquiries on a group buy rick?

No I never got that far 'cos there was only me and one other interested. Basically I'd have to send off my hoses which they fill with something to make metal templates, cut them off then they have the exact size and shape to the OE. This is a lot pricier as they're technically custom made, but as a group buy (say 10 sets) then they'd be cheaper than a samco set if they made one off the shelf. I'll look into it in the new year as I could do with a set for my new GTE regardless of cost, but that'll just be a GTE kit, I know the top hoses are different on all the CIH types (1.6/1.9 have shorter ones and the different thermostat housing on the GTE and 2.0S makes them slightly different too), I'm not sure if the bottom hoses are different??

Thanks for the info Deano.

No I never got that far 'cos there was only me and one other interested. Basically I'd have to send off my hoses which they fill with something to make metal templates, cut them off then they have the exact size and shape to the OE. This is a lot pricier as they're technically custom made, but as a group buy (say 10 sets) then they'd be cheaper than a samco set if they made one off the shelf. I'll look into it in the new year as I could do with a set for my new GTE regardless of cost, but that'll just be a GTE kit, I know the top hoses are different on all the CIH types (1.6/1.9 have shorter ones and the different thermostat housing on the GTE and 2.0S makes them slightly different too), I'm not sure if the bottom hoses are different??

[/quote

I would be interested in a set for my Exclusive,but only if they are Black.

Steve

Great stuff, well that's two of us again :lol: I don't know what colour range is available but I'm sure there's the usual blue, red and black. Once there's the hose templates made, any number can be made and in whatever colours they have available.

Ah cool. I've just bought a set of OE rad hoses which arrived today which I can send off to get the templates/moulds made up. They're for the GTE, I'm not sure about the 2.2 stat but I thought the reason they are bigger is because of some electric temperature sensor in it, if the standard GTE hose fits then so would the silicone replacements. The 2.0S I'm not positive about, the 1.9 won't fit as the radiator is narrower, but the 2.0S and GTE have the same radiator but different thermostat housings, the question being is the size difference negledgable?

Either way, I'll enquire mid January to get an idea on prices, just reply if anyones interested provisionally so I can give them an idea of potential numbers. Ta!

Ah cool. I've just bought a set of OE rad hoses which arrived today which I can send off to get the templates/moulds made up. They're for the GTE, I'm not sure about the 2.2 stat but I thought the reason they are bigger is because of some electric temperature sensor in it, if the standard GTE hose fits then so would the silicone replacements. The 2.0S I'm not positive about, the 1.9 won't fit as the radiator is narrower, but the 2.0S and GTE have the same radiator but different thermostat housings, the question being is the size difference negledgable?

Either way, I'll enquire mid January to get an idea on prices, just reply if anyones interested provisionally so I can give them an idea of potential numbers. Ta!

Thanks Rick......apart from the thermostat housing,please confirm that the 2 heater hoses are the same....

^ Cheers for that, so the 2.2 fits but isn't the perfect.

Thanks Rick......apart from the thermostat housing,please confirm that the 2 heater hoses are the same....

Do you mean radiator hoses? The heater hoses won't be moulded as this can be made from the straight pipe as Deano has done. Hopefully someone can confirm if the GTE hoses'll fit the 2.0S as I don't have access to one.

Anyway, watch this space and have a merry christmas.

Edited by Rick-Manta

The GTE heater matrix hoses are different compared to the 2.0S. Well at least one is from memory.

On the 2.0S from memory one of the heater matrix pipes goes to the back of the thermostat housing, almost a straight run down the side of the rocker cover.

The other pipe goes to a connection on the water pump following the same route as the first.

On the GTE engine one of the heater matrix pipes goes straight down and under the exhaust manifold to a connection on the block not far from the oil pressure sender.

The other still goes to the water pump but is much longer as it goes around the injection system. Doesn't this pipe also have a T piece in to take a feed of hot water to the throttle body?

This is all from memory, someone please correct me.

Edited by Snowy

• 4 weeks later...

Yo dudes! Just to keep you posted and as promised, I've got in touch with a company that can make a manta silicone hose kit. I'm no nearer to hearing any prices as yet so when I do I'll start a proper group buy thread with confirmed numbers of kits to order.

I do have the colour options they offer:-

Yellow, Orange, Red, Green, Blue, Purple and Black. Although blue is my favorite, I'll have to go with red as it'd suit the anthracite better, think of this before choosing accent colours ;)

Yo dudes! Just to keep you posted and as promised, I've got in touch with a company that can make a manta silicone hose kit. I'm no nearer to hearing any prices as yet so when I do I'll start a proper group buy thread with confirmed numbers of kits to order.

Yellow, Orange, Red, Green, Blue, Purple and Black. Although blue is my favorite, I'll have to go with red as it'd suit the anthracite better, think of this before choosing accent colours wink.gif

Hi Rick,

i'll go for the Blue setrolleyes.gif

Yellow, Orange, Red, Green, Blue, Purple and Black. Although blue is my favorite, I'll have to go with red as it'd suit the anthracite better, think of this before choosing accent colours ;)

Hi Rick,

Just to confirm still interested in a set, Black though,

Steve