Manta B-New Head Lights Wanted

SENNA1

Hi SENNA1,

One thing to bear in mind is the twin headlight setup is not that good and a set of new old stock squares will be better especially if you upgrade the bulbs.

I was looking to go down this route a while ago and was told of the down side of the twin setup was the poor light performance from them.

HTH,

Ta,

Deano.

Hi Senna1

I have just obtained 2 new lights for my manta, it has taken me 9-months to achieve, you just have to keep checking eBay as they do keep appearing as people find old stock...! my first one I got lucky and paid £27, second was dearer @ £52. But I now have 2 nice new headlamps that look great.

Good luck with the search,

Guy

There's headlamps on ebay.de just now. Double check about shipping tho! most sellers won't post items beyond Germany.

GL

Keith

Thanks!I'll have a look then...

Hi SENNA1,

One thing to bear in mind is the twin headlight setup is not that good and a set of new old stock squares will be better especially if you upgrade the bulbs.

I was looking to go down this route a while ago and was told of the down side of the twin setup was the poor light performance from them.

HTH,

Ta,

Deano.

Hi Deano.

I already have the twins.

But,there is corrosion around the bulb 'seats'.

What i need is new lights.Not the housings.

Cheers

Anyone who cannot find 5 3/4" headlights is just not looking hard enough. You can buy these pretty much anywhere.

Lights

More lights

I agree with snowy, purchased a set from the second link about a year ago with no problems.

I found the opposite to be true. I think the light is better from the twin set-up (especially with a hid kit fitted). Mind you tho, must be ten years since I drove a manta with the originals fitted so I may be a little biased(sp) :lol:

I actually bought 4 of the outside type lights (the h4 hi/lo ones) so i now have 4 heads and 4 dips. Makes a bit of a difference alright. Just make sure to wire them properly with a relay otherwise you will keep melting your fuses. Found this out the hard way.... :thumbup:blink:

As you can see by my pic - this is exactly what I did too. On main beam it is stonking Unfortunately UK lighting regs don't allow all 4 dipped beams on at once so had to disable that feature

I do run with 4 sidelights though - like this:

Manta129.jpg

Manta130.jpg

Manta131.jpg