Still Searching For Engine For 2.0Ltr Gte

mantaboy89

hi, after a month of being off the road i am now desperate fro a 2.0ltr in runnin order to get me driving again.

havent been able to strip mine down yet but all the symptoms point to ruined big ends and mains shells.

i looking for any CIH engine to bolt straight in, preferably the 2.0ltr injection but also considering a 2.2 out of the carlton or the 2.4 frontera lump, ideally would like one within about 125 miles of south wales as i live in the welsh valleys.

if anyone has or knows for an engine please contact me asap.

josh

thanks

(1) Whats the engines mileage?

(2) Have you serviced it? (HT leads/plugs/oil/dis cap and rota arm)

(3) Does it knock when you try to drive it? or on tick over?

CIH are pretty much 'bullet proof' the sort of 'knocks and bangs' on an later GM engine? yes 'new engine'

CIH's are tough cookies, don't judge them as you would with 'Ecotech'. Try messing about with it

until you can get another! you never know :thumbup

GL

Keith thumbup

Edited by keith1200

its been serviced, milage is 123000.

it knocks when driving and increases with the revs, no oil pressure and lack of power. this has pointed me towards believing the shells r knackered.

how much for engine in bradford?

thanks

Edited by mantaboy89

Modern thin oils can lower the oil pressure of a CIH. Also in the past I have put washers behind the spring in the pressure release valve and got an engine up to 2 bar at idle from light on when hot and registering nothing. Total bodge but worked for a couple years. Too many washers and you might blow the oil filter seal out when cold and oil thick though.

Allegedly using diesel engine oil or adding some hypoid (gearbox oil) to the mix can pump pressure up.

Though if one bearing has gone a bit too far it is game over. Rumbling mains are OK (barring dropping pressure and killing them selves over time).

Worn shells can slide around and cut off oil to a journal.

If you're desperate to get it running might be worth throwing new shells in the knocking big end or maybe all, maybe even mains to push pressure up.

If the journals have picked up any backing plate it will rip through new shells in minutes though.

You could do big ends with engine in car (have to erm persaude sump out it doesn't come out with engine on mounts).

All these are bodges of course that I would never recommend anyone trying.

Best option is, of course, an engine if you can find one.

I have a really good 2.0 CiH engine I could be persuaded to part with. I'm doing an XE conversion on my project car so it's spare. The engine has done a genuine 47000 miles (car one owner from new with all the old MOT's to back up the mileage). Excellent quiet runner with super oil pressure before I removed it from the car. I'm in Wigan near Manchester and would want £100 for it. PM me if you are interested?

Carl :D