Polyurethane Bushes

costasa

Hi,

In my readings and searchs to find polyurethane bushes(it looks that improve a lot the behavior of the car) i don't find any specific to manta A

Only in the german ebay i find that the rear bushes from manta B works on the A, so i can use the poly rear bushes from B in the A, but to the front i don't find anything.

There are other bushes that work in the front manta A?

What companies i can adquire it?

I saw the Powerflex and dr.Manta but it is a little expensive.

Thanks

I've just checked Superflex but nothing there for manta A

Hi, thanks for the info, now i'm looking in the opelgtsource.com is in the states they have poly bushes but i will try to enter in contact with them to know more, my problem will be the customs service they will charge the vat and some more fees, and if the bushes are send by dhl or ups that companies charge me for the service of customs or for the papers that i need to pick up the package. The luck in europe is the free circulation of goods and people.

I bought some from the GT source for the Manta B. In the UK, DHL or UPS delivery is cheaper as our post office charges tax and a handling fee.

The indications that i have is that the portuguese post office don't charge any fees of handling or tax if a item come to the post office they deliver for free if the customs services aply a tax(ex. vat) they inform the person that they need to pay that tax.

The DHL or UPS, if a item come from foreign contry(not EU) they automaticly have to declare it, the customs services aplied the tax and fees, the DHL can deal direct with the custom services but for that they charge about 50 or 60euros plus the tax or fee that the customs aplied, if i want to threat with custom services i need the papers from DHL and for the acess to the papers the DHL charge me about 20 or 30euros angry.gif

Edited by costasa

I have an excess of polybushes for the rear antiroll bar I could let go for a reasonable price. Depending on the type of roll bar it is they will either just do the bracket to chassis bracket (tho you will need to drill out the hole a little bigger on the bracket) or the ones to the anti roll bar itself as well.

I have an excess of polybushes for the rear antiroll bar I could let go for a reasonable price. Depending on the type of roll bar it is they will either just do the bracket to chassis bracket (tho you will need to drill out the hole a little bigger on the bracket) or the ones to the anti roll bar itself as well.

Thanks Shug, for now i'm only searching for the best(quality/price) poly bushes, if i don't find any i will enter in contact with you.

Cheers

Costa

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

In my readings and searchs to find polyurethane bushes(it looks that improve a lot the behavior of the car) i don't find any specific to manta A

Only in the german ebay i find that the rear bushes from manta B works on the A, so i can use the poly rear bushes from B in the A, but to the front i don't find anything.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks

The Manta A front suspension and subframe are based on the Vauxhall Magnum and Firenza, if you put them side by side they look the same, the only difference is that the Manta A suspension was made Metric and so some of the bolt sizes are a fraction bigger to find the nearest equivalent to the Firenza Imperial size. So Firenza bushes should fit although you may need to make the centre hole a fraction bigger to get the bolt through. Lots of people stock poly bushes for Firenza so you should have more choice. Hope that helps, all the best.

The Manta A front suspension and subframe are based on the Vauxhall Magnum and Firenza, if you put them side by side they look the same, the only difference is that the Manta A suspension was made Metric and so some of the bolt sizes are a fraction bigger to find the nearest equivalent to the Firenza Imperial size. So Firenza bushes should fit although you may need to make the centre hole a fraction bigger to get the bolt through. Lots of people stock poly bushes for Firenza so you should have more choice. Hope that helps, all the best.

Hello,

Yes it helps thumbsup.gifbiggrin.gif

Thanks

Costa