Fitting Injection To 2.0Ltr Carb Cih And Fuse Diagrams

mantaboy89

Does anyone know what needs to be changed altogether to fit the injection system onto an older cih engine if it was running a carb.

does the head have to be changed etc,,

also does anyone have a 2.0ltr for sale?

also does anyone know what amp fuses go where in the fuse bord? Sounds like a funny question but when i renewed the fuses i replaced them for what was in there previously but i doubt these were correct due to the previous owner not having a clue and the fuse bord is in german.lol

Thanks

Josh

Edited by mantaboy89

Does anyone know what needs to be changed altogether to fit the injection system onto an older cih engine if it was running a carb.

does the head have to be changed etc,,

also does anyone have a 2.0ltr for sale?

also does anyone know what amp fuses go where in the fuse bord? Sounds like a funny question but when i renewed the fuses i replaced them for what was in there previously but i doubt these were correct due to the previous owner not having a clue and the fuse bord is in german.lol

Thanks

Josh

Do a search of this section and I think you will probably find comprehensive info spread across a few articles which will give you a wealth of knowledge not contained in any one article.

However, in brief the following:

Injection fuel tank (or add return to existing)

Fuel lines

Injection pump and filter assempbly

Plenum chamber with throttle body and injectors attached.

Thermostat housing

Air flow meter

ECU

Wiring loom (injection loom has four wires that splice into car loom or add connector and a ring terminal to started motor are, plus will need to run a fused wire from this to pump at rear)

Injection relay

Be prepared to drill various holes in body for pipes and wiring.

Standard dizzy probably suits cam profile better than the electronic one, but there is no need to fit electronic dizzy to run injection

Sorry wrote too much I'm generally in favour of search beong used before providing info.

the above post by Mantadoc covers it,

but i have questions, The outlet pipe on a fuel injection take is a larger diameter presumably so as the pump can convert volume to pressure,so can you run injection off a carb fuel tank? The injection dizzy has wiring to provide a signal for the rev counter/injection ECU,can the wire to the points dizzy provide this signal? Has the points dizzy avance curve near enough to work properly with injection? or are they even the same?

One thing you have to do is make a blanking plate to replace the mechanical fuel pump.

I have one Manta lined up myself for this conversion so i have given this subject some thought but still not sure on some aspect.

the above post by Mantadoc covers it,

but i have questions, The outlet pipe on a fuel injection take is a larger diameter presumably so as the pump can convert volume to pressure,so can you run injection off a carb fuel tank?

High volume low pressure to lower volume high pressure. You could fit lift pumps and some people will tell you you can run the return line to the lift tank (or swirl pot if fancy)to reduce the quantity provided by from the lift pumps. Of course the lift tank really should have an over flow / return to the tank anyway as the lift pump setup shold be designed to lift more than the injection pump can eat. Plus, of course, no self respecting tuner or skyline fan wolf recirculate the return line as the fuel picke up heat on travel around the engine bay and back which is exacerbated by compressing it. Hotter fuel, less dense charge, less power ok?

The injection dizzy has wiring to provide a signal for the rev counter/injection ECU,can the wire to the points dizzy provide this signal? Has the points dizzy avance curve near enough to work properly with injection? or are they even the same?

The trigger runs off the rev counter wire. If you have a rev counter, you have the wire.

One thing you have to do is make a blanking plate to replace the mechanical fuel pump.

Or leave if free wjeeling with the pump in place. Draw around a gasket for the plate although any relatively flat piece or say 2mm or 3mm steel will do. These [plates can also be found on a fair few cars that were available as injection or carb models on the same block.

There's various fuse layouts depending on model and loom.

It's also on the back of teh fuse box door, if you want to www.freetranslation.com a little german.

If you haven't got one already, Get a Haynes manual off ebay, cheap as chips, defninitely cheap enough to get oily.