Chevette 'gt' 4 Door 16V

Retro Power

Very very nice, and a saloon for a change :thumbup still surprised how well the dub wheels look and fit considering they are from a front wheel drive car. I have a set of Alessio alloys from a Mazda 323 v6 but they dont sit right on the Cavvy,(shame, they're 15"s too) What is the stud pattern on the Chevette ??

Cheers, Colin.

Very very nice, and a saloon for a change :thumbup still surprised how well the dub wheels look and fit considering they are from a front wheel drive car. I have a set of Alessio alloys from a Mazda 323 v6 but they dont sit right on the Cavvy,(shame, they're 15"s too) What is the stud pattern on the Chevette ??

Cheers, Colin.

The shuvvit PCD is the same as the cav and all 4-stud vauxhall (4x100). The VW wheels are 4x100, same centre bore as vauxhall, and exactly the correct offset... ET38. Std Manta wheels are ET35, so these would sit 3 mm further in (for the same width) on a Manta.

them gauges look the bizzzzz

colour really suits it too

what is she like to drive?

this is one cool car

as a package it has everything

well done and i hope u enjoy it!!!

does the guages read right???? or did u have to use manta senders

Cheers! Clive (opel 2000) did the panel to finish the gauges, so big thanks to him for that. The gauges are wired up via the manta voltage regulator. Manta Oil press sender used. Fuel guage seems ok. Rev counter is fine off the 16v loom feed. Temp gauge needed resistoring to be correct (because the sender is different, and the 16v runs hotter than a cih by design).

Drives great, only done a few miles so far (poo weather!) but seems brisk, and fairly civilised for a chevette! Ride is spot on.... Firm but not harsh, just as intended (the car was always meant to be a useable 'GT' rather than an all-out sports car or show car.

Fingers crossed the door cards will be done by tommorrow, so full photo shoot should be coming soon :thumbup

Edited by Retro Power

Heh... can't believe I've missed that! And to top it off some fool has put an 's' on the end of 'volt'

tsk.... amateurs :rolleyes:

I think you'll find 12 is plural, so unless its a 1 volt system . . . . and Oil would be correct in a 'British Built' motor ;);) got away with it on both counts, heh heh.

looking nice, where you get the headunit looking for the same for the a series

Headunit is an ebay job. It's a shame, but about the only decent 'retro' looking headunit (apart from the awesome but very expensive Becker Mexico satnav unit mexico.jpg)

..... Is the Pioneer one I've used, and consequently they hold their value pretty well... About £110-£130 is the going rate for a good one, there are usually one or two on ebay. It's a Pioneer DEH-P77MP. I bought my first one new, when they were £300, and had it my Mk2 Granada Ghia X. Looked the business in that!

Cheers Mick! Unfortunately its not our chevette! Its for a customer, but he's only over near Lincoln so he'll probably bring it over to Folville anyway!!

Should be at Billing too. The way things are looking, we "could" end up with a few cars there!! (even the CF v8 van that we are doing is a bedford so technically eligible to go!!! :rolleyes:

The customer came over yesterday for a shakedown run as the sun was out. He came back grinning from ear to ear, great to see happy customers!!

Just got to adjust the rear brakes, wait for the speedo to come back from being recalibrated and do a couple of other little bits and bobs and its ready for collection.

It "should" be in retro cars magazine in the near future as well

cheers

Nat

looks fantastic. especially in that clour. i have been undecided about what colour to re do my cav in & had more or less settled on cedar green. a 74 viva colour but now maybee this may be a choice too!

ps i assume this is the same car as in first pictures (the blue car) now made to look better with the early style headlights & on an s plate or is it a different car ?? the early ones definately look better without the flush headlights .

Yep you certainly can.

There are a huge number of technicalities and grey areas around this one. I won't go into it all on here but suffice to say I have been involved with the SVA/IVA process for a good few vehicles over the years.

PS its Total Vauxhall mag not retro cars, really should get my facts right :blink:

Just booked in for photoshoot, hope it makes it into the mag. Its a shame that the owner's geniune HS won't be ready in time (somebody else doing that one) as a double car shoot, modern and old takes on the same theme, would have been nice!

Edited by Retro Power

I moved a second hand shell onto my 88 Exclusive all above board and with DVLA blessing using the built up vehicle inspecion report and they advised me to get it in (a few years ago) before the law changed and would force me to a Q reg.

However, reading the DVLA site wnen IVA came out on "what would call a cars identity into question" it appears you can rebuild a car with a new shell but not a modified new shell without incurring a Q.

If you want to point me at the reading material that would be useful as I'm probably one of a few likely to need it.

Link to why I'm curious

• 2 weeks later...

PM sent...........

Bear in mind that pretty much every modified car in the UK would now technically need to pass IVA............which they won't..............so given that you would enter the test volountarily, probably best to avoid it altogether..............

PS snow has called off the photoshoot today!!

Re-scheduled for next Friday now, fingers crossed for good weather!!