Heater Motor

Fasterthanyou

To be honest all the motors are going to be the same way now. They are all getting old. If you strip yours down to inspect why it's failing it might help. You can usually rebuild them.

100_1479.jpg

100_1480.jpg

100_1481.jpg

Look here, scroll down the page a bit and you will see what i did...

Fan

Got a few here, can dig one out for when you collect the seats :thumbup

Thanks Greg,Think I am gonna go the Polo route.Will Keep in touch regarding interior:thumbup.

To be honest all the motors are going to be the same way now. They are all getting old. If you strip yours down to inspect why it's failing it might help. You can usually rebuild them.

100_1479.jpg

100_1480.jpg

100_1481.jpg

Look here, scroll down the page a bit and you will see what i did...

Fan

Thanks Snowy, I stripped it last time it was out as that worked on one I had before but it lasted a week and stopped so next time it comes out it goes in the bin!:D

Here's a better solution (in my opinion) as it uses a newer and more powerful motor that's easily available.

Think thats the plan of action, seems to be a better solution as the originals have never been much good so hopefully this will sort it.:thumbup

Does the Polo mod require the blower motor/heater from any particular year or Mk?

The one people usually use for 16V or big engine conversions, people sell them on ebay for kit cars and stuff.

I did it this way as car manufacturers aren't allowed to draw air from the engine compartment so didn't think doing it that way for a daily drive was bright, as when you are in traffic exhaust gasses from the car in front probably get blown under your car and could be sucked in, plus one leaky exhaust and you could get CO poisoning.

Late '80s / '90s Polo?