Axle Refurbish

cact1972

if the bearings are the same/similar to manta ones it will be £275 for bearings plus diff plates if available, labour about £200 to rebuild it. if you strip it yourself then get the casing soda blasted and powder coated thats around £80 local to me. Wheel bearings around the £20 mark. if i remember correctly your axle is same as a phase 1 400 axle so its going to cost quite a bit :o

rally mantas are now using volvo 740 axles as they are very similar in fitting with an LSD fitted, five stud, disc braked already and strong :unsure:

if the bearings are the same/similar to manta ones it will be £275 for bearings plus diff plates if available, labour about £200 to rebuild it. if you strip it yourself then get the casing soda blasted and powder coated thats around £80 local to me. Wheel bearings around the £20 mark. if i remember correctly your axle is same as a phase 1 400 axle so its going to cost quite a bit ohmy.gif

rally mantas are now using volvo 740 axles as they are very similar in fitting with an LSD fitted, five stud, disc braked already and strong unsure.gif

Do you know if they are using coilovers? Thanks

rally mantas are now using volvo 740 axles as they are very similar in fitting with an LSD fitted, five stud, disc braked already and strong

Tell me more . . . :unsure: Axle width/spring seats/5-linked??? and any way to get back to 4 stud hubs?

Cheers, Colin.

all i know is that a local guy has bought a volvo axle for his 400 rally car due to expense of 400 bits, going off what i saw the volvo axle is the same/close width of a 400/commodore axle with a LSD as standard, the pcd of the studs is 108x5 but as we know you can/could redrill and fit 4 stud or even 5x120 bmw/opel 5 stud spacing so to aid wheel fitment. no he was not using coilovers just standard 400 spring/shocker fitting. i will tryto see him soon and take a closer look ;)

all i know is that a local guy has bought a volvo axle for his 400 rally car due to expense of 400 bits, going off what i saw the volvo axle is the same/close width of a 400/commodore axle with a LSD as standard, the pcd of the studs is 108x5 but as we know you can/could redrill and fit 4 stud or even 5x120 bmw/opel 5 stud spacing so to aid wheel fitment. no he was not using coilovers just standard 400 spring/shocker fitting. i will tryto see him soon and take a closer look wink.gif

Cheersthumbsup.gif If you could snap a few pics would be really usefulbiggrin.gif