Manta Hatch

Mantaboy83

Hi folks,

I currently own an '87 Manta hatch running a C20XE. Although it scraped through an MOT last May, it's not in the best condition any more. Therefore I am looking for a decent, minimal rust, rolling shell to transfer my XE into. I say minimal rust because I do not know how (nor have the facilities) to do major structural metalwork.

I am looking at other Vauxhall models as potential projects to put my XE engine into but know I will not get the same buzz from them like I do driving & owning a Manta.

I live in Kent, but am willing to travel for the right motor.

Thanks

Tom.

hi tom

surely yours cant be that rotten if its still on the road can it ?

wouldn't it be cheaper to pay someone to do the welding for you rather than buying another shelll then transfering all the gear over? just a thought.

im in kent too where abouts are you ? i'm just about to do an xe conversion on mine soon ,as soon as the weldings done!! if i get stuck i may give you a shout if you dont mind

hi tom

surely yours cant be that rotten if its still on the road can it ?

wouldn't it be cheaper to pay someone to do the welding for you rather than buying another shelll then transfering all the gear over? just a thought.

im in kent too where abouts are you ? i'm just about to do an xe conversion on mine soon ,as soon as the weldings done!! if i get stuck i may give you a shout if you dont mind

It's not just a case of being rotten, there's a myriad of other things that need doing to it which if i had a garage and a vast range of tools i would tackle myself. IMO it'll just be alot easier for me to get a new shell so i can get it roadworthy before the show season.

I live in Ashford. You're welcome to pop down and have a look at my Manta if you like.