Project Gsi

gsi marc

Just had a look through all your pics on photobucket, normal places byt the look of it, your getting there though. Mine was quite bad above the chassis rails and jacking points on the passenger side floor under that sound deadening give it a good prodding! :thumbup

Just had a look through all your pics on photobucket, normal places byt the look of it, your getting there though. Mine was quite bad above the chassis rails and jacking points on the passenger side floor under that sound deadening give it a good prodding! :thumbup

yes mate mine was shot on both sides, and had to rebuild both jacking points,that sound deadning stuffs a nightmare...and inner rear arch around fuel cap was a pain to sort.:huh:

• 2 weeks later...

just added a couple of recent photos of the boring bits ive been doing while weathers been shite, sliders hadn't worked since the 80s i recon but sorted now. give the callipers a coat of ennamel paint and sorted bottom arms and fuel; pump th_101_0771.jpgth_101_0772.jpg

• 1 month later...

A few more pics of my manta gsi project, waxoiled under front end fitted new brake and fuel lines, Managed to finish all the welding at last, refitted the fuel tank and had it running, started easily without any nasty smoke or rattles so just going to service engine and leave well alone at moment just got to turn it around so i can drop rear axle and rust proof under there and then move onto the bodywork:)

th_101_0930-1.jpgth_101_0948.jpg th_101_0966.jpgth_101_0968.jpg

• 2 months later...

Had week of work so decided to get cracked on with body work, Filled some nasty dents in roof and flatted primed and painted it, Having to paint car panel at a time Due to size of garage so just done tailgate, roof and front scuttle first. th_101_0970.jpgth_101_0972.jpgth_101_0976.jpgth_101_0982.jpgth_101_0984.jpgth_101_0985.jpgth_101_0987.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Pulled it out of garage today as sun was shining and need to finish rear end, repainted wheels as they were white, painted them gloss black with silver wheel stripes i just cant wait to drive it now. Hopefully mot,d next month, Think all the hard work on the colour change was worth it though :Dmantaandcharlie006.jpg">%3Ca%20href=mantaandcharlie004.jpg">">

That's a braw paint job! even better for having such a small garage:thumbup . I always thought exclusive wheels, work alot better on black cars than silver, your picture's prove that :thumbup

[edit] ps there's always proper manta deco's for sale at the billing. I've only mentioned that: I.E. incase you couldn't get any originals.

Edited by keith1200

Thanks for the possitive replies guys it makes all the work worth it, I wouldnt have got this far without the forum :thumbup Not too botherd about standard decals as it will never be a show car could just do with a nice chrome early b badge for the front ;)

Edited by gsi marc

• 3 years later...