Manta A Stripdown

rayman

Hi ,just a few pictures of the A series getting a well earned strip down so i can fit new window rubbers and vinyl roof

Many thanks to Rutts for finding me a workspace and getting boyh me and the car out of the wind and rain

IMG]http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae6/micknitro/manta%20rebuild/P1050831.jpg'>http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae6/micknitro/manta%20rebuild/P1050831.jpg

P1050827.jpg

P1050828.jpg

P1050826.jpg

P1050825.jpg

P1050823.jpg

P1050822.jpg

P1050821.jpg

P1050820.jpg

P1050824.jpg

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

http://i952.photobucket.comP1050828.jpg/albums/ae6/micknitro/manta%20rebuild/P1050831.jpg

Edited by rayman

nice...... must be a fair few mantas ECT down in that area now :thumbup

Yes think its secret breading ground :lol:

nice manta anything else been done ?

The plan is to keep it totaly standard apart from maybe a 5 speed box for more ease on motorway.I will be having total respray back in the same colour and new graphics. :thumbup

nice in white, shouldntg be too bad to repair them usual places or tinworm, be sure to check the top of them wings where they bolt near the lower screen

Nice looking A, looks in good condition as well. Look forward to further posts.thumbsup.gif

Hi All

Further strip down and found a couple of areas where the manta worm has been let loose ,not to bad though a couple of hours with the grinder should sort it out .

Thank god i did not have rear seat belts fitted as someone had put a piece of sticky tin foil over the monting bolt and run a bead of silicone down it to look like a weld (marvelous what underseal can cover up).

Can anyone see the black dots on the tinwork where i have stripped the paint off ,o you have any ideas what they can be as these are what seem to have caused the bubbles in the paintwork

Many thanks

P1050840.jpg

P1050839.jpg

P1050838.jpg

P1050837.jpg

P1050836.jpg

• 1 month later...

HI

Got a few more pics to keep you updated ,got all welding done over the past couple of weeks and have spent many a night putting filler on and seeming to sand most of it off to put more on. Have got all bodywork finished today(Saturday) and i am flatting down with 400s ready to take the etch primer (THINKING OF DOING A BANK ROBERY AS I HAVE NO FINGER PRINTS LEFT),hopefully on Monday with a bit of luck.Started to mask it off tonight and will get more pics on as the painting starts.

PS sorry about the green skip making an appearance

P1050856-1.jpg

P1050857.jpg

P1050858.jpg

P1050859.jpg

P1050860.jpg

P1050861.jpg

P1050862.jpg

P1050863.jpg

P1050864.jpg

P1050867.jpg

P1050856.jpg

P1050868.jpg

Well done, great job. I know exactly what you mean about your fingertips - how do they come back exactly the same though? :blink:

She is going to be a real beauty - are you going to repaint in the original colour?

The MG looks great too!

i have the same black pitting on my project where someone in the past must have ran a knife along the black sport decals, and concequently rust ahs bubbled along it, i intend to use some good rust treatment and fine wire wheels, seems to have worked on other areas of my build, work quite hard with the fine type wire wheels, id rather it warped abit with the heat from than that than rust coming through again.

nice work by the way.

Well done, great job. I know exactly what you mean about your fingertips - how do they come back exactly the same though? :blink:

She is going to be a real beauty - are you going to repaint in the original colour?

The MG looks great too!

Thanks very much ,i am going with the original Artic white and maybe a satin black bonnet ....but not sure on that yet as dont know if its going to look ok with black vinyl roof :thumbup

Nice work, must admit though when i saw last pic i thought you'd hacked the roof off :D

Yes just thought i would put that on and see what happened. Why do one when you can do two at same time. Maybe on the next job i can loose or shorten roof as always fancied doing one :lol:

i have the same black pitting on my project where someone in the past must have ran a knife along the black sport decals, and concequently rust ahs bubbled along it, i intend to use some good rust treatment and fine wire wheels, seems to have worked on other areas of my build, work quite hard with the fine type wire wheels, id rather it warped abit with the heat from than that than rust coming through again.

nice work by the way.

Yes mine seems mostly to be on the roof under the vinyl ,its took me ages to get it down to metal and treat it .Lot of marks on bonnet and wings where i think someone has primed it before and moisture has got into primer .Its getting there now though should hopefully be in primer this week and painted couple of week after .Already looking for the next... :thumbup

Edited by rayman

Nice work, it looks well solid when i looked at it, many a 'b' owner would love metal that good :thumbup

you're getting on with this at a fantastic rate too

Oi ! keep the dust down your contaminating other Manta owners units :lol:

What you on about. half the parts ive lifted through the roof space and replaced them with dust,thought they werent being used :lol: