Removing Dash Face From Manta A

moodoo

Folks,

The wood veneer on the panel around the Speedo/Rev counter on my Manta A is pretty shabby.

I want to take it off so I can try to tidy it up a bit. From the Haynes manual, its says that

to remove it, you need to pull the heater/fan control 'stalks' off, but I can't see a way to

easily take the stalks off. They certainly don't just pull off, and I'm afraid of breaking them

by using too much force. Is there some trick I'm missing?

Ta!

Folks,

The wood veneer on the panel around the Speedo/Rev counter on my Manta A is pretty shabby.

I want to take it off so I can try to tidy it up a bit. From the Haynes manual, its says that

to remove it, you need to pull the heater/fan control 'stalks' off, but I can't see a way to

easily take the stalks off. They certainly don't just pull off, and I'm afraid of breaking them

by using too much force. Is there some trick I'm missing?

Ta!

Hello my friend

In my A if i remeber well is just pull i was afraid to broken something but not, i just pull and it come of.

I was studing the best way to substitute the wood verneer in my manta A, and if find the sheet of melanine (it is use in the fabrication of furniture) is the best option, the problem is to cut, a friend have a small machine that cut paper or other material, i only need is a cad drawing with the shape of the panel. When i make the drawing and if work i can share with the forum (A lot of work and missing a digital vernier caliper are delaying this job)