Voltage Stabilizers

lepo5

Does anyone have any old/broken/not working voltage stabilizers knocking around? these are the ones that were fitted to the manta ascona kadett etc (pictures below)

I will cover the postage costs to send the units to me, and i can pay by paypal.

I feel that £9.99 is too much to pay for what they are, and in sure i can get them done cheaper, and keeping the original board and re-newing the internals, more in keeping with the original height of the unit, as again i think the one on ebay will be too big!

Picture525.jpg

Picture524.jpg

Edited by lepo5

There are a few designs on the net. Some as simple as a 10V triac soldered across the three pins. However, I used (evolved?) something I saw another member on here use as (I know people will moan) RMS voltage isn't the same as DC meaning at a fixed 10V your gauges won't be quite right.

Cost about £1.20 or something with my overly cautious addition of extra insulators.

Good luck and have fun.

Here

I think with a shorter pin this would easily fit under the cowl.

Not the answer to the question you asked (yes I have loads no I can't be bothered to sell them). With a 40 OHM resistor used as in the back of the Haynes manual you can very accurately calibrate these with car running.

There are a few designs on the net. Some as simple as a 10V triac soldered across the three pins. However, I used (evolved?) something I saw another member on here use as (I know people will moan) RMS voltage isn't the same as DC meaning at a fixed 10V your gauges won't be quite right.

Cost about £1.20 or something with my overly cautious addition of extra insulators.

Good luck and have fun.

Here

Not the answer to the question you asked (yes I have loads no I can't be bothered to sell them). With a 40 OHM resistor used as in the back of the Haynes manual you can very accurately calibrate these with car running.

mantadoc, thanks for taking the time to reply and also the link, i will not be attempting it myself though as i have an electronic tecnician at work who will do all the sourcing of the parts required, and possibly improve or make the thing more reliable, im sure its worth a shot, as i thought that the one on ebay was too expensive, thats why im trying to source broken ones, and i can understand why you are holding on to the ones you have :thumbup

Good luck and have fun.

Here

a similar article to your guide about voltage regs in the latest practical classics mag :thumbup

may have one for you if i can find it

Edited by garymanc

have a few also some might even be ok, if you need more later let me know.

i got two new versions off rastamandan ( not a expensive as e-bay) they work great but as you said are a little bit too long/tall.

have a few also some might even be ok, if you need more later let me know.

i got two new versions off rastamandan ( not a expensive as e-bay) they work great but as you said are a little bit too long/tall.

superb andy, could you send them up to me? and let me know what im due you.

On a slightly related noted, is there an easy way to test these? (given the car is in bits!) No idea if mine is kaput or not. (its an a series if that makes any difference)

im not sure on that one shug, maybee someone will come along and let you know, as im not too familiar with the a series.

On a slightly related noted, is there an easy way to test these? (given the car is in bits!) No idea if mine is kaput or not. (its an a series if that makes any difference)

The original are basically a temperature regulated flasher unit. If it flashes a bulb on the output with power on the other pins it's mostly right.

• 2 weeks later...

when i get them done i'll put a couple your way :thumbup

/>pm me your address please

[/quote

Pm sent andy :thumbup

andy, your ones arrived today, many thanks, let me know what im due you?