Manta B Fuel Lines

gsi marc

just wondering about replacing the fuel lines on my 2.0 injection b series manta, do they need to be steel or copper or could i use the newer plastic type lines. Had a quick look whats available on ebay, mine dont look too bad but have been re joined at some point with rubber pipe and jubilee clips, and could anybody tell me the diameter pipe i need to buy, any help much appreciated thanks (marc)

I've used copper before but never again.

Dunno why, I've always used copper, once dirty looks original enough, fitted mine in 2000 and have been on and off no problems without getting bent out of shape. Fitted it on the '90s on my brothers Coupe and my deceased '88 as well.

Even used the brake pipe flare tool to single flare the ends like original. Plastic works too though.

Can I just say? all the above is correct :blink:

I removed my (in good nick) GM metal ones as I was welding in the area!

Could I f**k get them back on!!! :blink: I gave up and used cooper piping

instead, if memory serves me correctly! it was 10mm. Idealy i would have

like to use the Gm ones BUT cooper work for me. Hadn't considered plastic

pipes tho and I suppose it depends on price! roll off cooper cost me a 10 spot.

(central heating stuff)

Keith

PS you'll need to buy new grommets or use rubber pipes (sleeve) for the pipes going through the jacking point.

Edited by keith1200

Thanks guys for the replies, i guess the choice is mine, copper,steel,plastic oh my head hurts. i'll just have to price em up, I could go with the plastic because my cars about as original as katy prices breasts, never thought about the sleeves to run them through the chassis either as mine did'nt have any, many thanks (marc):thumbup

I use copper therefore everyone should :rolleyes:

Make your mind up, thought you used plastic?

Plastic is ok you know. :)

PS you'll need to buy new grommets or use rubber pipes (sleeve) for the pipes going through the jacking point.

I recycled the old flexi pipes from under the drivers seat for grommets.

It's good for the environment and it's ok for you

I use Kunifer brake pipe in 5/16" (which is 7.9mm) purchased from my local Motorfactors in a 25ft roll

(think its standard brake pipe on smaller wagons etc)

Then short length of rubber fuel pipe split lengthways to get through jacking points etc

Gives much better protection than grommets (also easier to fit with a bit of silicone spray inside ;) )