Manta With Small Engine

justmental

we are hoping to have this done for some time in the year and get to some of the shows.

but its down to funds as normal at a rough guess so far we are loking at £10.000 just to get it up and running

will be getting it in the workshop next week to remove the engine and start the rebuild.

will take some more picture's when i start the removal of this little engine.

DSC00085.jpg

DSC00086.jpg

DSC00087.jpg

more picture's to follow soon

this has gone through varyious state's of tune to where its is now.all work done on this is by the

owner who still owns it know it first started with a small block ford and the box chassis and then full tube.

then after running a nine on a blown gasgets on both heads time for a new engine

so in went the keith black with the little blower.

i dont think it was ever in street machine if you find pics of the one you think it is post them and i will let you know if it was it.

bet that goes some...... look foward to more pictures :thumbup

it run high 9s with blown head gaskets on the old engine with this engine and the correct tune

should put it in the 6's but the chassis is only tagged to 7.50 so will be down tuned

but should be touching near to 190mph over the 1/4 mile.

the only cheap thing with this is the fuel its under half the price of petrol.

but then we have to change the oil after every run and that 2.5 gallons every time.

new pics next week when engine come's out

Edited by justmental

She farkun awesome!!!! looks fanfurkuntastic!!!

Is the whole shell glass?.... as i found a pic of this a few years back and the text said she was. I tried to find out a bit more at d'time, as there must be a chance the molds are about if that was true and the idea of a glass a series was reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllyy attractive to me!rolleyes.gifthumbsup.gif

She farkun awesome!!!! looks fanfurkuntastic!!!

Is the whole shell glass?.... as i found a pic of this a few years back and the text said she was. I tried to find out a bit more at d'time, as there must be a chance the molds are about if that was true and the idea of a glass a series was reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllyy attractive to me!rolleyes.gifthumbsup.gif

will have some more picture's soon yes it is a fibreglass shell and had a bit of a streatch in the wheel base.

i don't think there is any moulds but i will ask.

Hav seen this car in the flesh last year down in Dartford, when i saw the car ir was owned by a guy who ran a bodyshop business and was being stored in a unit near his workshop.

If i remember correctly is has a tublar chassis and all the panels are fiberglass, (if i am wrong) then please correct me.

It is a stunning car in the flesh.

Mvh

John

Hav seen this car in the flesh last year down in Dartford, when i saw the car ir was owned by a guy who ran a bodyshop business and was being stored in a unit near his workshop.

If i remember correctly is has a tublar chassis and all the panels are fiberglass, (if i am wrong) then please correct me.

It is a stunning car in the flesh.

Mvh

John

yep thats the one still there still owned buy the same guy i work for him