Hi From Hampshire

Utopia

Hi to everybody, this is my first post on the forum, just thought I would introduce myself.

I have a 1979 Cavalier Sportshatch which I bought last year, my son is using it at the moment as his daily ride, we should hopefully getting looking better this year as he is an apprentice in a bodyshop, it will be good practice for him!

If anybody has got a replacement bonnet in the Hampshire area please get in touch.

Anyway heres a few pics of it at the moment and I look forward to being part of the forum.

cavalier007.jpg

cavalier006.jpg

cavalier005.jpg

it looks better in the photos than it realy is, it will be getting a fresh coat of paint soon

I live in Andover, so just up the road from you, are there any local meets that you know of?

what's your Manta/Cav like, any advice on these cars is most welcome

The local meet is in cadnam on the first sunday of each month, the pub is called the Empress of Blandings its on the road that runs parellel to the m27 juction 2 - junction 1.

Ive got a manta gte with an ex-police 3 liter 24v senator engine fitted.

Forgot to say the meet starts at about 12.30 and finishes at about 4 ish

Thanks mate, hopefully it should be at the meeting in april, i have to replace the diff bearings they got delivered today. Dont worry about the stripes they will have to be specially made plus they wont go with the black and white paint. Thanks anyway

thanks for the tip Stonymanta, I didn't know there was a club for the MK1 Cav's, I will check it out.

Hi, the Chariman's a mate of mine, Richard Watt, been in the VBOA for years and I see him pretty much throughout the year at most shows. He owns one of the two press cars used by vauxhall when the Cavalier Mk1 was lannched in the UK market - so a good chap to speak to you might say ;)

Hope you can make it to Billing with the car it would be great to see it there - they are now getting rare and collectable B)

Would I be right in thinking its the Cavalier & Chevette club that I should get in touch with?

Unfortunately I won't be at Billing in July as we have booked to drive down to the watch the Le Mans Classic, can't wait!

I will be going to a couple of other shows, Bromley Pageant of Motoring and the Retro Rides Gathering, so I better get it looking a bit better

Hi and welcome. I'm really looking forward to seeing this car at Retro Rides. Was interested in buying this car a few years ago when it was for sale in Somerset. Think this is the best colour for a Cav hatch! I have a couple pics. Hope you don't mind :)

81_1_b.jpg

66_1_bn.jpg

Edited by james

thanks for the pics James

its nice to see it before the last owner got to it with his areosols!

it doesn't look like I am going to be getting this car back from my son as he loves it so much and is talking about spraying it white rather than the original blue as the whole car needs a respray anyway

watch this space