Carboretore Problem's Need Help

scoica

hello. i am mihai and i bought '79 manta b 1.9s... but i have a problem with the carburetor meaning the following: high fuel consumption (in the city when it's not crowded 16-18l/100km) and the engine have mistfire at low rpm .. please help me if you have a manual or some informations.... the carburetor it's solex with manual choke.. thank you!

hello. i am mihai and i bought '79 manta b 1.9s... but i have a problem with the carburetor meaning the following: high fuel consumption (in the city when it's not crowded 16-18l/100km) and the engine have mistfire at low rpm .. please help me if you have a manual or some informations.... the carburetor it's solex with manual choke.. thank you!

What mileage has the car done? Asume you've got new air filter and checked choke flap goes back to correct position. What about condition of ignition system? Have points and condensor been replaced recently,dwell angle should be 47-53degrees(0.016in,0.4mm).Timing 5 degrees BTDC according to manual but might need fettling towards TDC if pinking is evident. Is distributer earthed correctly?

Maybe taking the top off the carb for a look may give you an idea of it's condition. An overhaul kit might be a starting point.

Worst case might be that the engine is badly worn for whatever reason.Compression test would confirm this...hopefully not!

John.

As above really - didnt think any 1.9 Manta's or Cav's were ever fitted with (single) choke Solex units.

There really could be 100 other causes of your symptoms, so normally I would suggest playing with the carb well down the list.

However, you do appear to have an obvious discrepency with possibly the wrong carb fitted, with all the wrong jet sizes, idle mixture etc etc

Just occured to me, deanosabby on here is thinking of selling his low mileage 1.9 engine fitted with a Weber carb etc - perhaps you might be interested in that carb. I have the Weber 32/36 model he has fitted to my 1.9 lump and they seem to perform well.

Good luck.