Exclusive Alloys

G1ROSS1

Can anyone tell me if the outer rim on the gte exclusive alloys is meant to be polished or just painted?

i know the centre of them is finished in anthracite, has anyone got an exact paint code for this?

also an exact paint code for the standard silver?

thx.

Can anyone tell me if the outer rim on the gte exclusive alloys is meant to be polished or just painted?

i know the centre of them is finished in anthracite, has anyone got an exact paint code for this?

also an exact paint code for the standard silver?

thx.

Painted but don't know the exact colour......but someone will :thumbup

John.

The silver rim is sprayed on over the anthracite on the originals.

I couldn't tell you the paint codes but I found that BMW StahlGrau ( Steel Grey) metallic was a very good match for the anthracite with the added advantage of having a nicer 'shimmery' effect in the sun ! ;)

I think I used a Ford colour for the silver . .

Image048.jpg

Image011.jpg

Cheers, Tim

Can anyone else shed any light on the matter?

Looks similar misterconyers, did you spray them yourself? Been quoted about £55 for a wheel, this sound about right?

Just after finding the following, would this be the same colour as used on the wheels? My cars 1988 but there no other code for anthracite so......

VAUXHALL

ANTHRACITE

81L

METALLIC

Edited by G1ROSS1

Can anyone else shed any light on the matter?

Looks similar misterconyers, did you spray them yourself? Been quoted about £55 for a wheel, this sound about right?

Just after finding the following, would this be the same colour as used on the wheels? My cars 1988 but there no other code for anthracite so......

VAUXHALL

ANTHRACITE

81L

METALLIC

I think 81L is a generic colour because my Calibra Turbo was 266 / 81L which was Diamond Black.

I believe the athracite colour code you are after is 107 / 81L. Make sure it is the colour before you buy though as no guarantee is given ;) I thought I had a can of it, but I can't find it at the moment. :rolleyes:

As for the silver, any decent bright silver will do the job.

The silver rim is sprayed on over the anthracite on the originals.

I couldn't tell you the paint codes but I found that BMW StahlGrau ( Steel Grey) metallic was a very good match for the anthracite with the added advantage of having a nicer 'shimmery' effect in the sun ! wink.gif

I think I used a Ford colour for the silver . .

Image048.jpg

Image011.jpg

What tyre size is this please?

Is it 205 40 17?

Cheers, Tim

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone suggest a good tyre in around the same price? (£50) Or would you just stick with uniroyal and go for the rainsport? Can you put a lower profile on also?

I know nothing about tyres as im sure u've guessed.

Mrbus - The tyres in the pic are 205 35 17s I think, cheapy ones that were on the wheels when I got them, will get some better ones when its back one the road, probably the same size.

On the subject of tyres, rainsports are good just hard to find these days, for a 195 60 14 a good tyre for around £50 are Falken 912's in my experience, much better than the older models which used to wear out after 5-6k :(

Edited by misterconyers

I would suggest 195/60/14 Tigra tyres, (depending on your mileage) about £20-£25 each. An unbrand tyre made in Serbian (i think) by a very big Germany tyre firm that starts with a 'C' ;) cheap rubber oops mixed with silicon! but a good engineered tyre, I.E it wot break-up under pressure like the 'cheap and nasty' asian crap.

There is a malaysian factory that make 'ok-ish' tyre, back by a small japanese tyre firm, can't remember their name :(

I would suggest 195/60/14 Tigra tyres, (depending on your mileage) about £20-£25 each. An unbrand tyre made in Serbian (i think) by a very big Germany tyre firm that starts with a 'C' wink.gif cheap rubber oops mixed with silicon! but a good engineered tyre, I.E it wot break-up under pressure like the 'cheap and nasty' asian crap.

There is a malaysian factory that make 'ok-ish' tyre, back by a small japanese tyre firm, can't remember their name sad.gif

Tigra is a budget tyre. They exactly the same as autogrips. Falkens are a lil bit better but for £50 you can get a decent tyre starting from firestones, goodyears, pirelli. Best ones i would have is the goodyear nct5 (1 shown further up) Depends if you mean £50 each or all 4, which in that case you might get some partworns or remoulds if you want to sink that low lol

£50 to £60 for each tyre roughly. Can get uniroyal rainsport for £50, was just wondering if there was anything else about.

My other options http://www.tyretraders.com/tyresearchresults.aspx?width=195&ratio=60&rim=14&man=All&flat=False&filter=Price&ftype=Ascending&pricing=1&cat=All

Edited by G1ROSS1

[edit] yeah good educated advice there thumbsup.gif nevermind that I work for a major tyre company thumbsup.gif In future? i promise never to reply in the free section, to migwag users.

Same as I for the last 11 years so that makes both of us. So no need to think highly of yourself as your just the same as everyone else. No need to get sarcy about it as im just trying to help people as i have had help from other users.

Have a nice day! ;-)

£50 to £60 for each tyre roughly. Can get uniroyal rainsport for £50, was just wondering if there was anything else about.

My other options http://www.tyretrade...icing=1&cat=All

Have you tried blackcircles.com or .co.uk?

• 2 weeks later...