Early Red Gt/e Coupe - Wanted

Volksdevil

* Mods, id like to leave my 400R wanted add running please as im still considering if the right car comes along.

Id like an early (none exlusive) Red GT/E Coupe, in totally standard form, prefer the chequered interior.

Must be up and running on the road and in good order.

Im currently also considering a 400R but as im now looking to buy a house, a nice and standard red coupe would do me just fine. I need one pretty quickly (like yesterday, hard i know!) because the corrado failed mot today and id rather just take it off the road.

Please post details/pics of what you have along with any details of resto work. I have a decent budget for a 400R so obviously id like to spend a chunk less than that on a standard gte.

Thanks.

Neil. :)

Edited by Volksdevil

With all due respect, I want a nice one for 2 or 3 grand, not one that's been recently painted and already showing rust. And I also said i wanted one up and running...It dosn't run! I don't want a project! If you read the first 3 lines of my post, it's covered in a short and concise manner!

If we try ticking boxes of what im after, it half ticks one. The colour, but it's not even the original. So it's obviously not what im looking for. Im looking for a tidy, original standard coupe that's up and running on the road!

if you go to look at it you will see its not just been painted and its a very good motor i know the owner and car, its not a knacker that has been tarted up ( that is not a dig at you). with you vw skills i recon you could have something half way to you 400r you want in no time then when funds allow get a kit and do it upto your standards. it might not mean sense now but would if you saw it in the flesh. it would run within 5 mins and the valver in it is a good one ;)

Dan, you obviously didn't read my post correctly...or just failed to understand what im looking for. Hence the perfectly 'nice' reply which i gave below.

Cheers Dan, but im not after an exclusive/project. Something like this in the gallery would be good.

So for you to then say "I give up" as though you have really gone out of your way trying to help me is rediculous. :blink:

Rutts, cheers...I do know what you are saying, and i would be able to put something half decent together. But i just don't have the time or inclination anymore. I need something up and running on the road to use everyday.

Then maybe when the corrado is sorted, a manta can get my attention.

lol stop bullying new members! they might 'run away' hehe, come mot time? could you blame them ;):lol: :lol:

Neil? hmm I've been at the last two billings! and to be honest! early red coupes are 'thin on the ground' Gold coupes aren't that much better! Polar whites and Aero silvers are more common. I completely understand where your coming from :thumbup I said in an earlier post, get yourself a cheap hatchback (£500-£600) with a long-ish mot, enjoy it and learn, then when the right coupe shows up? get it and sell the hatchback on! honestly? thats wot i did :thumbup

ps; coupe an ideal everyday car? :blink: an ashtray on a motorbike springs to mind :lol: get yourself a hatchback :P

GL neil hope you get one soon.

Keith

Edited by keith1200

• 1 year later...