no holes in floor, battery tray ,washer bottle area or x member

twin headlamps not irmcher ones perfect reflectors

no rust in doors

yes its a 1.8 but i dont want someone to rape the car,as i could do that myself

not so good points

chassis legs welded but not a very good job

handbrake cable snapped but got a new one

no tax or mot car is on sorn so will need to be trailored ect

bodywork....pretty shit to be honest... silver.... 1 brand new wing on but needs painting proper

and nose cone is a bit pushed in

and a scrape along passanger rear quarter would fill with filler i should think

engine runs well but i think the coils on the way out and the thermostat housing has a hairline crack

running gear all good

interior black worn on the side bolsters rear seats good and has rear belts,have i removed carpet and door cards ect to check for tinworm

it not money what wants spending its TIME

price £550.00

plus i will give the buyer £50.00 back when its on the road :thumbup

location mossley ol5 9

will post picture if any intrest gary :(

looks well in the snow

snow.jpg

Edited by garymanc

pat.....its not as good as at looks hence the price as we all know what them bits are worth

just want to find the right buyer

will put some pictures up asap

no wonder your daughter is asking for yours it looks stunning :thumbup

thats cool mate it gives me something to show her , as for mine looking good well :P thats an old pic so also a bit misleading lol.

is this the one that had the front pulled out a while back? :D

thats cool mate it gives me something to show her , as for mine looking good well :P thats an old pic so also a bit misleading lol.

is this the one that had the front pulled out a while back? :D

thats the one,you have a good memory :thumbup

Hmmm, could be temped with this.

Back in a 1.8 Hatch after all these years.

It's a fair project, but the work doesn't bother me.

Does the £50 back still count if its registered on the road on the Isle of Man?

on the road anywere as long as i have proof,..... as pat asked 1st ,i will wait to see wants it

oh i am not rushing people to make there mind up either :thumbup

thanks for the intrest fellas

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Gary,

I restored this Manta back in 2002 and used it for my wedding car.

The car was originally owned by one of the directors from Gregory's Vauxhall in Worksop. I rescued it with no MOT from Lincoln.

Back in 2002 the car had new wings, rear arches repaired, loads of welding underneath, including the front valance. The original wheels were shot blasted and restored - not sure what's happened to those.

The whole car was resprayed with the exception of the bonnet and roof. I also fitted GT/E springs to sort out the roly-poly handling.

I sold it to a bloke from Chesterfield back in 2004 after my first daughter was born and I was not allowed 3 Mantas.....

Good to see it again. Way too good to break.

Regards,

Ben Williamson

hi ben thanks for that info

i have all the paperwork for the car so i knew it was yours and also have the pictures as well,you used it as your wedding car?

the wheels i still have and there still like new in the for sale section.. it does handle well in the corners :D

thanks again gary

• 2 weeks later...

cant believe this is still about ! what sort of time frame are you running to gary ? it'd be criminal to see this chopped, when you say about the chassis legs having been welded are they an immediate mot issue or just not brilliant?

hi pat

my tosspot landlords says a week, unless i find someone with half a brain in there offices,,but i have been paying for a garage since xmas and promised a new door on it within 3 weeks,so am a bit peeded off esp since there are 3 cars in a garden round the corner for about 20 years and they dont have to move theres :rolleyes:

the chassis legs seem solid but there not a good repair,the subframe bolts also seem to be welded to the legs .

to be honest i would think it would do for a year,but i have not tested with a hammer just in case :unsure: but for sure will have to be redone in another year or so

just need to stop my blood boiling at the moment :angry:

if it comes too much gary try to get it over to me and we can sort something out for storage or even me sorting it out back on the road.

thanks andy,could do with getting rid really,but will deffo give you a bell if it saves getting the grinder out :thumbup

Will give you a ring tonite or over the weekend gary.

ok steve my numbers still the same or if i miss your call or drop me a text and i will give you a bell with another number as i have credit to waste B)

• 3 weeks later...