Modified Manta A - Sold

upk

I have decided to offer my A series up for sale:-

1974 A Series Manta Berlinetta (modified)

IMG_1131.jpg

As Featured in Total Vauxhall April 2010 issue 108 ( on sale now)

This car had a particular purpose in my life (read TV Mag) and was the result of a 4 year major rebuild program.

It came to me with a long standing history of manta club member ownership and show appearances.

It was stripped down to a bare shell and although basically was solid to begin with, new sills ,rear arches and Roll Cage were welded in.

At the same time the bumpers were removed for looks and weight reduction. Before the bodywork was smoothed and repainted.

The standard Rear axle was modified in the form of disc brakes and a 4.7 LSD

Front axle was modified with larger vented discs and 4 pot callipers.

All suspension components are fully polybushed before being lowered 40mm with brand new Jamex springs.

The original power train was replaced with 2.0L 16v XE engine running Jenvey throttle bodies and MBE fully mappable engine management mated to a 1800 manta 5 speed box and shortened/ balanced prop shaft.

Interior was upgraded with Mitsubishi FTO front seats, Nissan s14 rear seats and the dash/door cards fully flocked.

All brake lines were replaced with goodridge hoses and as with the fuel lines run inside the car.

Finally the car stands on 15” MIM’s with Toyo 195 tyres and is detailed using custom made decals.

This car is without doubt as good as it looks, it was built to a high standard / specification and no expense was spared in its creation.

For me the creation was the exciting part and as you know i am now involved in my next project, that means this baby can possibly go to a new home.

i say possibly as i will not give it away!!

I am located near chester and looking for offers around £8,950( much less than its 14k agreed insurance value)

Car now has 12month MOT and 6 month Tax

Edited by upk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have decided to offer my A series up for sale:-

1974 A Series Manta Berlinetta (modified)

IMG_1131.jpg

As Featured in Total Vauxhall April 2010 issue 108 ( on sale now)

This car had a particular purpose in my life (read TV Mag) and was the result of a 4 year major rebuild program.

It came to me with a long standing history of manta club member ownership and show appearances.

It was stripped down to a bare shell and although basically was solid to begin with, new sills ,rear arches and Roll Cage were welded in.

At the same time the bumpers were removed for looks and weight reduction. Before the bodywork was smoothed and repainted.

The standard Rear axle was modified in the form of disc brakes and a 4.7 LSD

Front axle was modified with larger vented discs and 4 pot callipers.

All suspension components are fully polybushed before being lowered 40mm with brand new Jamex springs.

The original power train was replaced with 2.0L 16v XE engine running Jenvey throttle bodies and MBE fully mappable engine management mated to a 1800 manta 5 speed box and shortened/ balanced prop shaft.

Interior was upgraded with Mitsubishi FTO front seats, Nissan s14 rear seats and the dash/door cards fully flocked.

All brake lines were replaced with goodridge hoses and as with the fuel lines run inside the car.

Finally the car stands on 15” MIM’s with Toyo 195 tyres and is detailed using custom made decals.

This car is without doubt as good as it looks, it was built to a high standard / specification and no expense was spared in its creation.

For me the creation was the exciting part and as you know i am now involved in my next project, that means this baby can possibly go to a new home.

i say possibly as i will not give it away!!

I am located near chester and looking for offers around £8,950( much less than its 14k agreed insurance value)

Car now has 12month MOT and 6 month Tax

is this car still for sale