* Free * Manta B Gte Parts - Some Brand New !

SteveSmith

Hi folks

Firstly, apologies to the mods if I've put this in the wrong section - please move as appropriate.

I'm about to move house and have a number of Manta B GTE items lying around in the garage and loft (from my Manta days a few years back) which I need to get shot of before I move.

I'll list the items below, but please note that some of this stuff is NEW and UNUSED or in really good condition and worth a few quid but I just want it to go to the Manta commmunity rather than the tip and I don't have time to sell it so if there's anybody out there that wants this stuff as a job lot for FREE and can collect this week then please contact me ASAP.

I'm just outside FOLKESTONE, KENT.

Mobile no: 07973 763249

Here's the items I've got:

Entire interior from a 1988 GTE Exclusive Coupe - in very good condition with very little wear on the driver's seat bolster. Includes dash parts (uncracked), door panels etc.

Steering column with a fitted wooden Mountney steering wheel.

BRAND NEW Unipart solid brake discs for a GTE.

BRAND NEW Ashley 2" downpipe for a GTE (the section that joins the manifold down to the rear section) plus BRAND NEW gasket set to fit it.

Standard black GTE Coupe rear spoiler in very good condition (not the Exclusive spoiler).

Complete wiring loom for a GTE.

Chipboard passenger footwell plate in perfect (unsoaked !) condition.

Front and rear screens for a coupe.

Various other small items in boxes including some spax adjustable shocks I think - ages since I looked in the boxes so its probably a gold mine of parts.

I think thats it. As said above, I need the stuff gone this week. Surely there's someone out there that would like it FOR FREE !!!

Call me to discuss further.

Cheers

Steve

M: 07973763249

Edited by SteveSmith

Gah, I could be in need of some of these bits for my cav build!! - and being a student, the free part is awesome.... stupidly far from soton, and I have whiplash so can't really drive very far! lol!

A good haul for someone though :(

EDIT: have suckered friend with economical diesel barge and lack of whiplash to help me! :D - looks like I shall be picking these up later today

Edited by Jason b

Did indeed make it home fine - it is all now filling up my living room!! :D

What can I say, steve is the nicest guy you'll meet! - you've made a poor student very happy, and I can now make the interior of my mk1 cav as nice as it deserves to be!

Did indeed make it home fine - it is all now filling up my living room!! biggrin.gif

What can I say, steve is the nicest guy you'll meet! - you've made a poor student very happy, and I can now make the interior of my mk1 cav as nice as it deserves to be!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SELL ME THAT EXHAUST PIPE. MINES JUST ABOUT TO FALL OFF & I JUST CANNOT GET 1 WITHOUT PAYING STUPID MONEY. IF ONLY I SAW THE POST EARLIER AS I DONT LIVE TOO FAR FROM KENT........... GUTTED lol

Glad to see a a genuine free offer thumbsup.gif

How's about adding to the OMOC coffers by joining? as you got the heads up about the parts because of the OMOC?

C'mon it's only 30 quid biggrin.gif

Can i have some more info on that. My car was OMOC registered as i have the paperwork in the history.

What benefits will i get if i pay £30

Can i have some more info on that. My car was OMOC registered as i have the paperwork in the history.

What benefits will i get if i pay £30

Formed in 1983 by a hand full of enthusiasts dedicated to preserving and enjoying the Opel Manta, the Opel Manta Owners Club was an immediate success as membership rocketed to over 1500 members by the early 1990’s.

In 1988 the A series Register was formed within the OMOC to promote activities of special interest for A series owners.

Similar registers were soon formed for the Exclusive and Vauxhall Cavalier MK1 models. Most of the membership live in the UK but we have had members from Canada, Portugal, Singapore, South Africa, Taiwan & the USA.

Currently we have approximately 900 members.

The basic aims of the Club are:

1. To Promote the use and preservation of the Opel Manta; from the first A series to the last Exclusive.

2. To encourage contact between members of the Club through organised events.

3. To organise events at which members can participate.

4. All motor competitions organised by the Club shall be held under the rules and requirements of the RACMSA Ltd.

5. To be a non profit making organisation.

Here are some of the activities you will be able to enjoy:

We have three National meetings each year: The National Concours event, which is a weekend show in July or August, where there is fierce (but friendly) competition to find the best cars in the club. This is usually held at the Billing Aquadrome, near Northampton, and very close to the M1.

We also have a dinner/dance to celebrate the New Year, although it is not as formal as the title suggests.

Then the most necessary, but usually seen as the most boring, is the Annual General Meeting, this is normally held in April and allows members to vote in the club’s officers, discuss club policy and air their views and suggestions on how to improve the club.

Members receive a quarterly copy of “Manta Magic” :D a glossy A4 magazine, filled with news, technical articles, features on cars and their owners, classified adverts and even poetry!

Some other benefits include; discounts on parts, some Club spares, frequent local meetings arranged by area reps, and separate registers for some models, eg. A series and Exclusives.

to join use this link....... http://www.mantaclub.org/online%20applications/joinonline.html

As you would expect there is a wealth of knowledge about the cars within the Club, and there are Technical advisors who can help out with many problems.

We have special arrangements for car insurance available through Chris Knott.

@ Kevin Abbot:

hehe, already signed up and paid me money ;) - I very much appreciate the help that owners clubs provide! (been a paid up 106 rallye register member for three years now - worth every penny)

I will also be giving away pretty much all the stuff I don't need, however the one thing I will probably sell is the ashley downpipe as steve gave me permission to sell it towards the poor student cavalier fund. (and after making a 300 mile round trip to pick stuff up, I need to recoup a little fuel money :P)

on that note, mrbus you will shortly have pm

Edited by Jason b

@ Kevin Abbot:

hehe, already signed up and paid me money ;) - I very much appreciate the help that owners clubs provide! (been a paid up 106 rallye register member for three years now - worth every penny)

I will also be giving away pretty much all the stuff I don't need, however the one thing I will probably sell is the ashley downpipe as steve gave me permission to sell it towards the poor student cavalier fund. (and after making a 300 mile round trip to pick stuff up, I need to recoup a little fuel money :P)

on that note, mrbus you will shortly have pm

Glad to see your part of the gang :thumbup

The best members section of any forum in the land is now all yours :D

Welcome and good luck with the Cav