Cylinder Head For Hs

Lotti

Anybody any idea as to where I can source/locate a good HS Chevette head?

Prefer head bare and standard but anything considered.

Cheers, Mark.

I dont have an HS chevette cyl head, but i have the item below, would that be of any use to you?

chevettecover.jpg

Vauxhall or Lotus ??

The rocker covers are at different angles !

Also might think about a Lotus or Jensen block as they are alloy instead of cast iron, and boring one out.Not identical block but pretty much the same dimensions. All depends how original you need to keep it.

Try Chevette Owners Club, someone on there might have one

Yukspeed years ago had some parts as I got a big valve single cam head of him years ago.

Vauxhall or Lotus ??

The rocker covers are at different angles !

Also might think about a Lotus or Jensen block as they are alloy instead of cast iron, and boring one out.Not identical block but pretty much the same dimensions. All depends how original you need to keep it.

Try Chevette Owners Club, someone on there might have one

Yukspeed years ago had some parts as I got a big valve single cam head of him years ago.

to be honest steve, im not sure which one it is?

to be honest steve, im not sure which one it is?

Wasn't replying to your bit Paul. :lol: Think that is for an 8v,but not sure myself !!!!

I was talking about the head as the Lotus one the cam cover sticks out to the 'side' so to speak, where the Vaux one the cover is upright. The engine head angle altered between 35/45 degrees.All to do with loss of homologation when Lotus stopped doing them and they built them themselves.Bill Blydenstein still used the Lotus heads though, and with a bit of work and twin 48's 240 should be able to be achieved. Best is the high flat torque curve though, comes in lowish down,but might seem like it doesn't want to run below 2500rpm though !!