Rear Axel Manta A Control Arms

costasa

Hi,

I'm preparing the rear and front axel to blast and after to zinc.

In this weekend i notice that the right rear control arm is short in comparison the the left.

This is normal?

B_E.jpg

Thanks

Costa

Hi,

I'm preparing the rear and front axel to blast and after to zinc.

In this weekend i notice that the right rear control arm is short in comparison the the left.

This is normal?

B_E.jpg

Thanks

Costa

Hi Costa going to do some work on mine tomo so will measure them both and let you know...Mick

Mine were definately the same length. Never paid attention to which was which when I took them off so compared them very closely before going back on and they were identical.

Edited by Shug

Mine were definately the same length. Never paid attention to which was which when I took them off so compared them very closely before going back on and they were identical.

Thanks Shug,

I will try to obtain more info from another Mantas, but maibe in a previous restore one control arm was change sad.gif

Thing that strrikes me is, that if they were a different length, then wouldn't the axle be squint? Unless the chassis mounting point on one side had been moved back, or a different axle was used. Seems decidedly odd :blink:

Hi Costa have checked mine and they are the same about 450 mm with a slight kink in them ...hope this helps mate.. biggrin.gif

Hello Mick,

Yes it helps and a lot, with the length i can check the correct control arm.

I'm to talk with a friend of my father that work with stainless steel, and i will ask if he made the panhard rod, and now 2 control arms in stainless steel.

Thanks for all

Cheers

Costa

Hello Mick,

Yes it helps and a lot, with the length i can check the correct control arm.

I'm to talk with a friend of my father that work with stainless steel, and i will ask if he made the panhard rod, and now 2 control arms in stainless steel.

Thanks for all

Cheers

Costa

In this weekend i measure my control arms and i have one with 450mm and other with 435mm.

I wil take the correct one and see if i can send to make a pair in stainless steel

Thanks for all

Costa