Last Royale Ever Made?

spiney_norman

Just a quick ad to gauge response, but my Dad's considering selling his Royale coupe, allegedly the last Royale ever made. It's a 3.0 injection with a 3 speed autobox, series 2 Monza style interior (beige velour, not the darker GSE stuff) and it's Carnelian Red.

Interior's mint, the rest of the car's definitely good enough to show but would need a few bits and pieces to make it concours. As far as we know it's never been welded, it's totally original except the modern CD player and the tailgate badge (we were told by a previous owner that being such a late car, '82, it came from the factory with an Opel blitz badge on the tailgate just to fill the holes!). Comes with dealer fitted air con, as the first owner ordered it with factory fitted air con but it turned up at the dealer's without so was fitted later.

I used this as my daily driver for a few months and apart from a few red faces caused by an inaccurate petrol gauge it was reliable and generally as it should be.

SORNd at the moment, been off road about 6 months. No tax or MOT but can't see any reason it wouldn't get another MOT easily.

Only pictures I have right now are from Coleford last year, but here they are anyway, and I'll chuck some more on as soon as possible:

DSC01191.jpg

Anyone interested at around the £2k mark?

I used to get about 20-23mpg out of it when I treated it nicely!

Sod me ...... I think I got around 15, .....if I was careful. Even sold it to what turned out to be a banger racer.. and he ebven moaned about the petrol consumption.!

It was about 40p a liter then !!!!!!

Edited by Shuviteer

Sod me ...... I think I got around 15, .....if I was careful. Even sold it to what turned out to be a banger racer.. and he ebven moaned about the petrol consumption.!

It was about 40p a liter then !!!!!!

Yeah, 3.0 injection engine's much more economical than the old 2.8 carbed ones were!

• 3 weeks later...