Hello From Scotland

GMC

Hello all,

22 years after owning my first Manta (Gold '83 1.8 Berlinetta hatch) , I'm now a Manta owner again.

Back in 2004 I bought a '84 White GTE coupe and garaged it with the intention on rebuilding it sometime in the future......and here I am!

I've been around cars all my life, infact I've been heavily involved in rallying and have competed all over the country for the last 15 years but due to family commitments I'm taking a couple of years out of rallying - but not out of cars, hence the Manta rebuildrolleyes.gif .

Anyway, brief overview...

Stripped to shell (except interior), new sills, rear arches, spare wheel well, front wings and rear valance. Chassis legs plated and welded

Suspension rebuild (shocks, ball joints, trackrod ends & shocks)

Brake rebuild and front upgrade (Carlton 2.2 vented discs and Cavalier ATE calipers)

Respray (same colour)

Fit 2.0 XE red top

Fit twin headlamp and 400 boot spoiler

Fit Manta 200 upper door decals (Silver, yellow, grey)

and thats about, other than I'm 60% thru, it's going to the bodyshop in two weeks to get painted.

Anyway, I have a couple of questions regarding the red top conversion.....I'll post this in the technical help section shortly

Thanks, Gerry

Edited by GMC

Hello Gerry and welcome tae thi forum. Yae Gerry fae Aberdeen? that I kin owe. thumbsup.gif

cheers rab.

Hi Rab,

Not Aberdeen, Bathgate (West Lothian).

Presumably that's your Manta in the pic.....stunning!

Hi Rab,

Not Aberdeen, Bathgate (West Lothian).

Presumably that's your Manta in the pic.....stunning!

Hi Gerry.

Yup, thats mi auld bus :D

suni200-1.jpg

you are not far away fae Tommy in Livingston und a good few gid peeps roond thi Edinburgh way, folks will also be up at Doune this weekend fur thi Hillclimb, sadly I cant make it as working hope to meet up with you at some point, awe gid following to all things Opel /Vaux up here.

cheers rab.

Edited by Rab

Thanks for the welcome guys, it's much appreciated! Look forward to being a frequent poster on here, I've always been a big Manta fan! Over the coming days I'll join the OMOC also!

Rab, thanks for the Doune invite, unfortunately I won't make it along this weekend, with a baby only a few weeks away we're staying close to home!! Hoping to have the Manta on the road by late summer / early autumn depending on my adjustment to parenthoodblink.gif !!

Will keep you all informed.