Vacuum Advance/retard Mechanism Needed

Brown Job

hi there. by saying vacuum advance retard MECHANISM i assume you mean internals or is it the vacuum pod you want. 1.9/2.0 points type bosch ?

Sorry, I thought it was clear what I meant but it wasn't. What I should have said was, the diaphragm is perished inside the "flying saucer" pod. So I need the pod that bolts onto the dizzy and has the vac connection to the carb. Have all the internals of the dizzy and as far as I can tell, the dizzy is not worn. Yes, it's the original points-style setup for the CIH engine.

BJ

i have a new one for a 1.8 bosch distributor, if you are runninmg the bosch set up it will be the same. £10 including P+p

Email/pm thingy sent, ta.

BJ

Edited by Brown Job

if you buy the 1.8 type .check the arm locates the same onto the baseplate as does a points type one. cant be sure but i seem to recall there being a difference.

Thanks for the tip. I'll check with him.

BJ

I may have in new

Thank you for this information. If you need to have part numbers to check, I have examined the two parts.

1900 engine (1975-78) has Bosch distribtor, advance/retard mechanism has numbers "110" stamped crossways and "547" stamped longways on the connecting arm.

Part for 1800 engine has numbers "122" and "2457" stamped on the arm.

I may be interested in buying for my other car.

BJ

Thank you for this information. If you need to have part numbers to check, I have examined the two parts.

1900 engine (1975-78) has Bosch distribtor, advance/retard mechanism has numbers "110" stamped crossways and "547" stamped longways on the connecting arm.

Part for 1800 engine has numbers "122" and "2457" stamped on the arm.

I may be interested in buying for my other car.

BJ

For the 1.9 you must have distributor numbers 0231170188 or 189 or 147 (which of them are yours)

For the 1.8 you must have distributor numbers 0237021013 or .......

For the 1.9 you must have distributor numbers 0231170188 or 189 or 147 (which of them are yours)

For the 1.8 you must have distributor numbers 0237021013 or .......

Sorry for delay. I have the number on the distributor now.

It is 0231170188. Underneath is stamped JFU4.

For interest, do you have complete distributors also?

BJ