Cold War Jets Open Day

XL391

Always a good day out this, this will be my 5th year of attendance. There are normally one or two classics that turn up as well. Worth the admission alone just to get that close to an English Electric Lightning at full reheat!! (Ear Defenders advised...)

The Battle of Britain Memorial Flight's Avro Lancaster is also expected to do a flypast during the day.

There is a very good chance the lads at Bruntingthorpe will have had their new toy delivered by that time, in the shape of a recently retired Nimrod MR2... :wink:

OpenDay30thMay2010.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Is it the type of event where we can have a club stand, or is it park up together and enjoy ?

I'd say just park up and enjoy, However, I know one of the Lightning Group guys who has a lot to do with the organisation of the event so if you wanted to put a club stand there I could certainly ask the question for you...

There is a very good chance the lads at Bruntingthorpe will have had their new toy delivered by that time, in the shape of a recently retired Nimrod MR2... :wink:

It's been confirmed that this will be closing the show...

Edited by XL391

If I manage to get my new 4.6 engine in by the end of the month I will be there :thumbup

Ah! Paul i've just clocked your avatar!! Got some pics of your beast last year by the Lightning Q shed that i'll post up (not brilliant). Was waiting around for a bit hoping you'd come back so I could hear her running! Fantastic car by the way mate, an absolute credit to you. :thumbup

• 2 weeks later...