Crazy Idea?! Opinions -Quimical Polish Intake Manifold

costasa

Hello,

I have a friend that have a small company that do aluminiun anodization.

Talking to him he says that it make quimical polish, to try i give a old manta simbol and the result is amazing :)

Here is some pictures off the old manta with the quimical polish

MantaQuimicalPolish02G.jpg

MantaQuimicalPolish01.jpg

My question is, can i do this to the intake manifold or my dellortos to improve the flow? will this result in better performance?

What is your opinions?

Thanks for all

Hello,

I have a friend that have a small company that do aluminiun anodization.

Talking to him he says that it make quimical polish, to try i give a old manta simbol and the result is amazing :)

Here is some pictures off the old manta with the quimical polish

MantaQuimicalPolish02G.jpg

MantaQuimicalPolish01.jpg

My question is, can i do this to the intake manifold or my dellortos to improve the flow? will this result in better performance?

What is your opinions?

Thanks for all

Polishing is a no-no for intake manifolds, ports as it actually reduces flow. A roughish (120-180 grit) will leave enough small ripples on the metal surface to allow the air to tumble, a smooth polished finish won't have the same characteristics as the air won't tumble and actually slows down thus restricting the airflow.

Personally i don't think it will improve airflow, but it does give a nice finish......also has quite an amusing name!

HTH

Chris

Polishing is a no-no for intake manifolds, ports as it actually reduces flow. A roughish (120-180 grit) will leave enough small ripples on the metal surface to allow the air to tumble, a smooth polished finish won't have the same characteristics as the air won't tumble and actually slows down thus restricting the airflow.

Personally i don't think it will improve airflow, but it does give a nice finish......also has quite an amusing name!

HTH

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the advice thumbsup.gif i allways learn something here.

I make a mistake with the name i mix with the portuguese word, quimical=chemical, sorry

The finish in the manifold it will be great with this process, i will try to talk with my friend maibe i make the chemical polish and after port it inside to 120-180 grit smile.gif