Getrag Gearbox Oil Seals

Despite absolutely no oil in the gearbox (well half a cup full) the gearbox worked lovely. I only discovered it was empty when the box was removed for a much needed new clutch. There is a set of oil seals for the gearbox on ebay. Are they easy to change? is there an easy way of changing them or does the box have to be taken to pieces?

Can someone please also advise which way round the clutch goes? It doesn't have flywheel printed on it, and i took the old one out without noticing.

Many thanks

Dave

the seal is easy to change if you can get your car on a ramp,might be a bit awkward on the floor.

i just got the old ones out with a screwdriver and knocked the new ones in with a socket about the same size.

as for clutch i dunno but am sure its been asked by someone else this week :unsure:

prop seal easy as gary said, front one is fitted into the nose that sticks out for clutch bearing six 6mm bolts. clutch goes in with springs sticking into the cover if you know what i mean.