Manta Exclusive Brake Upgrade?

Mrbus

Just bought a pair of calipers and i try in my manta A, the fit is perfect the disk (the solid one) is slight lower but no problem(i will try to find some audi disks to try out).

I try in my 13'' steel wheel and just for some mm don't fit :(

To maintain the 13'' i need to find some wheels that work

Any sugestions?

I bought 13'' ats wheels with et14.5 and 7'' and the caliper don't touch and i have more less 1cm of gapbiggrin.gif

The vectra calipers i used were from a 1.6 R reg vectra. There is a small overlap as the pads are slightly bigger than the discs but it is not a lot and not a problem at all.

Right ok

Vectra 4 stud calipers i now have

obviously need to buy the vectra pads yes?

Then audi 80 4 stud discs? 256mm?

Was going to go carlton 2.2 but the discs are £60 & calipers are £100 a side

if you have the bigger vectra caliper use the larger audi discs same off set just 280mm not 256mm even bigger brakes but only for 15inch wheels upwards. they work better with a monza a series master cylinder that is 23mm so more fluid to push caliper piston. ;)

if you have the bigger vectra caliper use the larger audi discs same off set just 280mm not 256mm even bigger brakes but only for 15inch wheels upwards. they work better with a monza a series master cylinder that is 23mm so more fluid to push caliper piston. ;)

Well originally i have got the sri 150 off a x plate 5 stud but everyone said they be too big & wont fit as they off a 5 stud. I would rather use them as obviously the bigger the better, so what would you recommend so i know what to get next?

the larger caliper bolts on just same as 4 stud ones you need to cut off the lug like the other caliper manta brake flexy fits use new copper washers though. audi 80 also has 280mm discs go onto brakes international web site and you will find part number you require. (do same as 256 mm discs) take a manta disc to a local engineers and ask them to re PCD bolt holes and open the centre the same with a little chamfer also as standard. easy bit done now ring GM6 monza/senator/carlton spares in corwall for a monza/senator a series master cylinder (non ABS). ;)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

just reading through this and am trying to make sense of it all, im guessing if i get audi 80 discs(from what year?), and cavalier mk3/vecrta A calipers and pads, they will bolt on to the front of my GTE? yes?

Hi

The calipers bolt straight on, the audi disks you have to make new holes(disks bolt in the hub) and large the center hole to the measures of the old one.

The audi disks are from 91-92 here is a link

http://bremboafterma...lIDMaster=12036

DSCN1028.jpg

Audi disk with the new holes and the center hole larger to fit in the manta hub

DSCN1039.jpg

Caliper and the audi disk

This is for my Manta A but i think in the Manta B GTE is the same

Good luck