Hi Just Got An Irmscher Gte

woodsy

hi everyone just joined up iam from wirral area.Basically i have joined as i have just collected a vehicle from a woman whos husband passed away recently and she wants to do something with

his car as its been stood in the garage for i think around 3 years maybe more.The car is a Manta GTE and i been told one of the last of production line as husband was quite high up in vauxhalls when he bought the car as he had it from new.The car has 37000 miles and full Irmscher bodykit on it with twin headlamps etc, its a sort of blue/grey colour.I took the car to my garage today and put some fresh fuel in and battery and it fired up with now noises from motor at all not even slight rattle and spent time renewing fuel hoses as these kept leaking.Basically going to change oil and filter and put it in for mot.The car is very tidy but may need bit of welding on sills as its been laid up.Bodywork wise its only really got bit of rust starting to bubble round rear quarter windows and front of bonnet slightly.I have joined here really to see what it would be worth if it had 12mths mot on as iam not really clued on up theses cars.Thanks hopefully i will get some pics up tomorrow to show you guys.

Thanks for reply, i will get it in for mot this week and see what happens with it then.I didnt realise they could go for that sort of cash, i would have to get some paintwork done on it to make it mint.I will let you guys know how its goin.

Sounds like you're in this to make a bit of money, it's a shame that, but then I suppose that's life.

Why not get it MOT'd and serviced,then use it.......you never know you might like it! :thumbup

John.

hi, when i said collected the vehicle i meant collected it just to do the work on it, basically get it running and see whats needed for mot.Its the wife of the guy that passed away who wants to sell it really.Its booked in thursday for mot although just noticed the teeth on handbrake lever must be worn as anymore clicks than 2 or 3 it wont lock and stay in place.Is this common and is it new lever i would have to get from somewhere.

Usually means the handbrake lever handle is twisted to the right and the pawl is coming off the side of the toothed segment.

Twist to the left (but not a jump to the ri i i ight).

Take to pieces and straighten properly (may involve washers as the base where it sometimes spreads when twisted back.

Replace.

Those are basically your options if you observe the behavior I describe above.

Generally happens if people pull the lever excessively hard, used for many thousands of operations, or used <deleted option C>

Usually means the handbrake lever handle is twisted to the right and the pawl is coming off the side of the toothed segment.

Twist to the left (but not a jump to the ri i i ight).

Take to pieces and straighten properly (may involve washers as the base where it sometimes spreads when twisted back.

Replace.

Those are basically your options if you observe the behavior I describe above.

Generally happens if people pull the lever excessively hard, used for many thousands of operations, or used <deleted option C>

Right then got it back from mot didnt do too bad could be worse.Basically, horn not working and couple bulbs,handbrake lever not staying on,2 front springs snapped,2 bits of welding,all the brakes need stripping down and looking at as service brake not good.Advised metal fuel pipes corroded as couldnt fail it on that but need doing.Just have to wait and see if the owner wants to spend any cash on it.