Ascona / Manta Wind Splits - 110Cm

GT2400

A pair of 110cm windsplits as fitted to Ascona / Manta 400's.

They're made by Zender and are nigh on identical to the Irmscher ones. They're used but in good condition, they have a couple of marks on them, but i'd rather be picky. I'd recomend 3M tape or similar when it comes to refitting.

Here's a couple of pics to wet your appetite.

IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg

Feel free to make me an offer :)

Edited by GT2400

Hi Mark

Thanks for the wheel link, I hadnt seen it, but have sent a pm to the bloke now. Hopefully not too late :mellow:

Like the windsplits, I have a set Of Imscher ones but they are only 975mm long and 110cm is required for the manta bonnet really. Was thinking of putting them on the tail gate.

I'll set the starting price of £30 :thumbup

Guy

PS what is the windsplit sitting on.........?

Edited by guysat

Hi Guy,

Yep the 110cm ones are the same length as the bonnet so sit perfectly.........

I don't know if they'd look right on the tailgate but just think of that smooth air-flow and additional down force!

The car they're sitting on is purely for photographic purposes but it's not an Opel GT!

Hang on a minute whilst i drag myself up off the floor......my sides are still splitting with laughter.:P

nah he made a mistake, surely he either missed out the 1 at the beginning or the 0 at the end :ph34r:

Ok, let's make it clear......£30-£50 etc and even double that isn't going to win it. If some of you guys have a contact that can get you them for peanuts then i'd suggest buying a couple of hundred boxes.

The last set of Irmscher ones sold for €350+, let's make the offers realistic based on that knowledge.

No more silly offers please.

Ok, let's make it clear......£30-£50 etc and even double that isn't going to win it. If some of you guys have a contact that can get you them for peanuts then i'd suggest buying a couple of hundred boxes.

The last set of Irmscher ones sold for €350+, let's make the offers realistic based on that knowledge.

No more silly offers please.

If you want a kings ransom then stick them on ebay and stop giving omoc members a hard time when they offer on them.

350+ euros for these I think is a ridiculous price and as you say they are Zender and not Irmscher so maybe not worth as much.

Sorry to sound harsh but obviously you have price in mind so why don't you let us know. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

If you want a kings ransom then stick them on ebay and stop giving omoc members a hard time when they offer on them.

350+ euros for these I think is a ridiculous price and as you say they are Zender and not Irmscher so maybe not worth as much.

Sorry to sound harsh but obviously you have price in mind so why don't you let us know. :rolleyes:

I don't want a kings ransom for them, i'm asking for a sensible offer and as another member on here, can place an Advert asking for offers i see no reason why i can not do the same.

As for the 'tone', i'll choose to ignore it but this forum would be so much nicer if the attitude of some of it's members were a little better and maybe the forum administrators should consider a 'code of conduct' which you'll find on many another forum. Before i sign off on this occasion i'm not suggesting that you pay €350, which obviously you wouldn't, i am merely stating a fact and all i asked was that people made an offer based on the information.......

• Like 1

GT2400

There are a set of guidelines for all who wish to use the forum.

Forum Rules

John

Many thanks John.

I've made myself familiar with the contents....General Behaviour seems to the one for me and whilst i will be tolerant, understanding and respectful of other people's point of view i would also expect and appreciate it if forum members would extend the same courtesy rather than inciting my responce.

Having been involved in the Opel scene for a considerable period of time, like the vast majority on here, i would assume, obviously wrongly, that most people would have an understanding that parts are getting harder to get and as such sourcing such parts also gets considerably harder.

At no point did i indicate I was expecting a kings ransom "a very large treasure" i merely requested a realistic offer based on information to forum members and i struggle to believe that an offer of £30 (take no offence at me quoting you Guy) is realistic based on this.

As such i will offering a purchase price of €200 plus postage.

GT2400;

Parts as you say are getting harder to find, but from my point of view only, parts are available generally if people are prepared to spend time and search around Europe, and i do not just mean Ebay.

For example, recently Manta Inner wings were sold recently for circa £200 a piece, the last pair I bought 7 ish months ago cost £110 plus postage to the UK. Just one example I can provide numerious examples where we here pay far to much for parts.

I have even managed to source all the original parts (excluding pipes) to retro fit Opel Manta left hand drive Air Con to a right hand drive car. From my view point only everything is available and can be sourced from Europe at a fair price.

I am again of to Europe at the end of next month to collect Manta Parts, drop of some parts to fellow Manta owners in Europe.

In my view inviting people to make an offer on an item is not going to get you anywhere near the price for the item that you may wish, I have always been of the view that if you are selling an item then 99% of the time most people will have an idea of what price they would like for the item. By providing a price or a guide price does make it easier all round.

John

Having looked and read the thread on Total Opel where you have listed the same item for sale, and asking for offers.

Later in the thread under the rules for Total Opel you were asked to provide a price.

If you look closely at the times you posted on here and on Total Opel, it could be viewed that as you had provided a price on Total Opel at 07.56 yesterday of Circa €200 plus postage, do you not think that you could have provided the same price on here as well and potentially avoid any missunderstanding etc etc.

John

GT2400;

Parts as you say are getting harder to find, but from my point of view only, parts are available generally if people are prepared to spend time and search around Europe, and i do not just mean Ebay.

For example, recently Manta Inner wings were sold recently for circa £200 a piece, the last pair I bought 7 ish months ago cost £110 plus postage to the UK. Just one example I can provide numerious examples where we here pay far to much for parts.

I have even managed to source all the original parts (excluding pipes) to retro fit Opel Manta left hand drive Air Con to a right hand drive car. From my view point only everything is available and can be sourced from Europe at a fair price.

I am again of to Europe at the end of next month to collect Manta Parts, drop of some parts to fellow Manta owners in Europe.

In my view inviting people to make an offer on an item is not going to get you anywhere near the price for the item that you may wish, I have always been of the view that if you are selling an item then 99% of the time most people will have an idea of what price they would like for the item. By providing a price or a guide price does make it easier all round.

John

John, I understand perfectly what you're saying.

I'm not new on the Opel scene or to this forum (my previous login was lost with a defunct email account). I too source parts and have been focused on Opel GT's for 25yrs, so i'm equally aware that a lot of effort is needed to find items. As such not only do i work hard at keeping my own spares in order but i will also help out other people and have sent parts world-wide.

I wrongly assumed, that although members would like to get something at a good price, they would consider offering 10% of a guide price.....lesson learned.

Having looked and read the thread on Total Opel where you have listed the same item for sale, and asking for offers.

Later in the thread under the rules for Total Opel you were asked to provide a price.

If you look closely at the times you posted on here and on Total Opel, it could be viewed that as you had provided a price on Total Opel at 07.56 yesterday of Circa €200 plus postage, do you not think that you could have provided the same price on here as well and potentially avoid any missunderstanding etc etc.

John

Yes, you're correct i did put the item out for offers. I'm also aware that another member does this on here when offering some of his parts. On the Total Opel site i was made aware to their rules and as such apologised and offered a price, i'm not too proud to apologise when i'm wrong.

In my opnion Deanosabby was wrong to assume that i was asking a 'Kings ransom' and his tone incited my responce, something we're all aware of in the interpretation of the written word. As such if the OMOC rules stated that a price must be included then i would have followed their guide notes and regardless of this at 17:58hrs after responding to Deanosabby i offered the same guide price.

There was in my opinion no need for the other members reply in the thread, it has served no purpose apart from antagonzing another member and inadvertantly, to suggest that the OMOC review the guidelines on selling an item.

If something useful comes out of this can i suggest by proxy that a fully paid member proposes this review in the next AGM.

Mark

Mark;

A thread has been started in the members section, on the very point of amending the OMOC rules / guidelines on selling parts.

The change does not require to be put forward as an item at the AGM. Just of to check the club rules on this today to make sure that i am correct.

I think (my view here only) that paid up memebers do get a bit niggled at times by people who just join the forum to sell parts to members and non memebers and never contribute anything to the club ie they have not paid any membership fees, if they were selling the item on ebay for example it would costs money to list and a final sale fee applies as well, but as they use the forum to sell items it costs nothing.

To quantify this further to ensure i do not upset any non paid up memebers, there are alot of non paid up memebers who are very active on the forum in providing help and also asking for help which is good, i am above only refering to non memebers who use the forum soley for again by only ever selling parts.

Be assured i am not implying that you are doing this in any way.

I hope the above is clear and does not come back and bit me in the backside.

John

I'm happy to go with whatever the club decides. I know that some of the other forums have come up with methods for accessing the buy/sell section of the forum, these include a nominal (non-membership) fee or a designate number of posts on the site.

I will continue to be courteous and well mannered as always and just hope that others would extend the same.

Thanks to all those who took the time to contact me, however please feel free (mods) to delete this post as the item is now sold.

I'm happy to go with whatever the club decides. I know that some of the other forums have come up with methods for accessing the buy/sell section of the forum, these include a nominal (non-membership) fee or a designate number of posts on the site.

I will continue to be courteous and well mannered as always and just hope that others would extend the same.

Thanks to all those who took the time to contact me, however please feel free (mods) to delete this post as the item is now sold.

very diplomatic of you mark, i know you have been in the opel scene for quite a number of years now, and have a vast knowledge and source of parts of the opel GT and manta, personally i hope this does not put you off, and you will continue to use this site to sell your rare items.

There was only a problem in this case because the item it rare and therefore valuable.

If I had fancied these for my car I would not have guessed anywhere near that price simply because I'm not aware of their rarity.

Therefore if people are listing an item which they know is rare and have an idea of the market value of, just let the rest of us know.

Saves people either yearning after something they can afford or making an arse of themselves with a low offer.

The only reason for not putting a value is that the seller themselves have no idea of an items worth.

Dan

There was only a problem in this case because the item it rare and therefore valuable.

If I had fancied these for my car I would not have guessed anywhere near that price simply because I'm not aware of their rarity.

Therefore if people are listing an item which they know is rare and have an idea of the market value of, just let the rest of us know.

Saves people either yearning after something they can afford or making an arse of themselves with a low offer.

The only reason for not putting a value is that the seller themselves have no idea of an items worth.

Dan

I completely agree with that statement. A lot of people dont know the value of parts, so when someone sells something with "make an offer", where do you begin? :blink:

I think having a set price in mind should be put on all forsale threads to save confusion in future B)

I think having a set price in mind should be put on all forsale threads to save confusion in future B)

hi again steve......thats what i proposed and its been sorted at the moment :thumbup

i would also like to see when someone asks for parts,the person who has them puts how much they want for them in the thread instead off pm sent <_<

• 3 months later...