Prop Rubber Doughnut

bones

Just wondering if anyone has bought a heavy duty prop doughnut from Dr Manta? And do they deal with anyone on the site as everything is in German. I'm looking for one for my Chevette and I'm not really sure which type I need as I haven't removed the one off my car yet, are they easy to remove is my next question?

(I have a steel torque tube fitted to a HS axle)

Dr Manta aka Wolfgang Woster is a nice guy to deal with, I have never had any problems dealing with him just send him a mail or give him a call.

John

John is spot on about Wolfgang :thumbup he's a genuine nice/friendly guy. The only downside (there is always one) 'very expensive'. He is good for 'hens teeth'. There will also be a bank draft charge on-top (about £20-£25) I think that varies form bank-to-bank.

The club has links for other stuff (arches/chassis/sills etc). You could try ebay.de or OCP.

Gl

Keith

Edited by keith1200

Bones? might be worth posting under the member's section 'Ask Andy' (for part). The club also sells a parts cd-rom, 'not brilliant' but helpful for getting part numbers, (Sorry I've no idea where mines is! or I'd get the number for you) With a parts number? you could check OCP's website.

The bank transfer, is a very, very 'German thing' :( be watchful of that on ebay.de

Second point; normally I would suggest buying yourself a Haynes manual, I'm not going to suggest that, as I'm not sure if the book covers the information you seek. I wish I could be more helpful but unfortunately it's not an area, where I have experienced problems with before.

GL

Keith

Edited by keith1200

Or you could try Opel GT Source in CA. Gil has had these re-made, they are tough to fit so you'll need lots of lub :unsure::thumbup

Thinking about it i might have one coming in next week if that is of interest

Cheers

Andy

do you know if the chevette ones are the same as the cav/manta ones. & by heavy duty i presume that means harder compound. this is something i am intending to do to both mine to try and solve the poor design of this mounting from when the cars were designed. i remember road tests by magazines at the time complaining of a 'rubbery tremor` .is this why you are replacing yours ? can anyone else offer comment on this . cheers .

I'm not sure whether the Chevette ones are the same as Mantas , I'm running a Hs axle with a steel torque tube, the HS axle is a little bit shorter than the Manta A axle but shares the same internals. On the Doctor Manta site it lists a couple of different rubber doughnuts for different cars but I'm not sure which one I will need till I get it out.

I only really notice it when I'm doing track days, but the weird thing is if someone else is in the car and you mention the noise it is making no one else hears it, then I was watching someone else's track day footage on youtube in a Vauxhall Firenza and you can hear the same noise in the back ground . There is another way round it but it involves a bit of work, one of the guys on the Droop Snoot forum has done a conversion that I had seen on one of the European websites.

Link; http://droopsnootgroup.yuku.com/topic/3311/t/chevette-HSR-restoration.html?page=6