Blue B-Series Coupe With Dealer Sport Stripes - B1022 Nr Tiptree, Essex

Was driving up the B1022 between Tiptree and Layer Marney in Essex today and just spotted a blue coupe driving opposite direction at last minute. It appeared to be on foreign plates starting EJS..... or similar. It had the Opel Dealer Sport stripes on both doors. Not sure if they saw me in mine too as only saw them late, altho mines hard to miss in bright green!

Not sure if driver is a club member or friends of members on here? Looked a nice car.

Dave

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

How about this, I found this thread from 5 years ago when I saw this Manta pass me going the other way in North Essex, and yesterday I saw it sitting in someone's front garden not 3 miles from where I've lived these passed 7 years!

It looked in good condition still, but has no Reg plates on it, so I imagine it doesn't move much. I'll have to go back and have another look now I know where it is and get some better pics. I took one, but it's a bit dark.

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

Hi Dave

Yes you right that Manta has foreign number plate and Dealer Sport Stripes also modified 400 fibre glass body kit, 20xe engine.

Now it's going to new garage for restoration and possibly turbo engine conversion.

Photos can be found at :  https://flic.kr/s/aHsjnVsTG1

If you want a chat please pop in anytime after 6.30 pm or weekends .

Edited by Opelpanfan
  • Like 1

Hi Dave

Yes you right that Manta has foreign number plate and Dealer Sport Stripes also modified 400 fibre glass body kit, 20xe engine.

Now it's going to new garage for restoration and possibly turbo engine conversion.

Photos can be found at :  https://flic.kr/s/aHsjnVsTG1

If you want a chat please pop in anytime after 6.30 pm or weekends .

Hi, great you've made it along here on the forum, glad to hear your car is going in for some work, look forward to seeing it out and about soon in Burnham. If you're free this Sunday evening, you'd be very welcome at our pub meet near Brentwood from 6pm. Details in the public events section on here.

What's your name, in case I do pop over sometime?