Opel 2.0 Cih Block Wanted

djracing

I need an Opel (not GM sorry) 2.0 CIH block for my competition car. I would prefer it to be a bare block rather than a complete engine, if possible.

Money waiting, can collect.

Does it need to be a 2.0 block or will a 1.9s do the job?

If so i have one, it's a complete engine but i'm not asking a great deal for it and it's located near Lincoln/Newark

Edited by GT2400

Does it need to be a 2.0 block or will a 1.9s do the job?

If so i have one, it's a complete engine but i'm not asking a great deal for it and it's located near Lincoln/Newark

Hi GT2400,

I believe that the 1.9 has smaller diameter bore sleeves than the 2.0 so cannot be bored to 97mm, which I require for my 2512cc engine.

Thanks for your reply,

Dave Jackson

Hi GT2400,

I believe that the 1.9 has smaller diameter bore sleeves than the 2.0 so cannot be bored to 97mm, which I require for my 2512cc engine.

Thanks for your reply,

Dave Jackson

Hi Dave,

I've been wondering what's happened to your racing exploits, not seen anything on your site for a number of years, I was building a modified 2.4 CIH (not Frontera engined) street motor a few years back.

Have you checked with the guys on Opelgt.com to see if you can bore to 97mm? I thought it would have been possible as i didn't think the blocks were fundementally that different.

Hi Dave,

I've been wondering what's happened to your racing exploits, not seen anything on your site for a number of years, I was building a modified 2.4 CIH (not Frontera engined) street motor a few years back.

Have you checked with the guys on Opelgt.com to see if you can bore to 97mm? I thought it would have been possible as i didn't think the blocks were fundementally that different.

Hi GT2400,

Back at it again. I've been very busy at work, and pit crewing for a guy in the British Hill Climb Championship, for the last few years. Still up to my neck in all that but decided I had to get back into my Manta again.

Updated the web site last night for the first time in 4-5 years. Rebuilding my race engine with a few changes, dry sump, sintered rally clutch, etc. I still hope to supercharge the engine starting next year.

Cheers,

Dave Jackson

I need an Opel (not GM sorry) 2.0 CIH block for my competition car. I would prefer it to be a bare block rather than a complete engine, if possible.

Money waiting, can collect.

Hi Dave,

I have a 2.0 CIH with an Opel blitz on it, so I presume this is the one you are after, let me know if of interest.

regards

Steve

Hi Dave,

I have a 2.0 CIH with an Opel blitz on it, so I presume this is the one you are after, let me know if of interest.

regards

Steve

Hi Steve,

That's the one. Definitely interested, I should be able to get down to you in about 2½ hours.

Is it a complete engine or just a block? When could I come down to get it? How much do you want?

You can contact me direct on "david dot jackson17 at ntlworld dot com" if you prefer.

Cheers,

Dave Jackson

Hi Steve,

That's the one. Definitely interested, I should be able to get down to you in about 2½ hours.

Is it a complete engine or just a block? When could I come down to get it? How much do you want?

You can contact me direct on "david dot jackson17 at ntlworld dot com" if you prefer.

Cheers,

Dave Jackson

Dave

Checked all my blocks that are accessible and there all GM apart from the 1.9s. There were 2 2.0s engines up for grabs on here somewhere.

Did you receive the rocker parts ok?

Cheers

Chris

Dave

Checked all my blocks that are accessible and there all GM apart from the 1.9s. There were 2 2.0s engines up for grabs on here somewhere.

Did you receive the rocker parts ok?

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris,

Yes, got the rocker parts back, thanks very much. Thanks for checking your spare blocks, I'm going to try to get down to Steve (above) this weekend, if poss.

Cheers,

Dave Jackson